OT: The 2014-2015 Boston Celtics/NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Laziest defender I've ever seen. Could just be because he's in Cleveland though.

STAT: Only the Pacers, Bulls, and Thunder have better defenses than the Cavs do when Irving is NOT on the floor.

Thats a crazy stat.

Youd have to build a huge athletic good offensive rebounding team around Irving to get points on putbacks off his bricks to win with him.

But honestly if we want Irving hes a realistic star to think about.

Honestly we can get him Rondo is as good a main peice as Cleveland will get in return. You can build a team that would work better with Irving than Rondo.

I think Irving would work with Wiggins, Green, and Bradley.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Celtics are apparently close to adding Rodrigue Beaubois on a 10 day deal.

I've liked him for awhile, he has shown he can score at the NBA level (and in bunches too).

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Talk about a bad night in Boston sports. It was a bad enough the Bruins blew a late lead, but for the Celtics to hold onto the late lead was too much. Sometimes we just can't catch a break.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not sure why the Boston media was ragging on Rondo and motivating him to win a few games. Just be quiet and let them tank in peace

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The NBA needs to step in and put an end to the crap that Philly is pulling to ensure a top pick in this year's draft. Less than a week after acquiring Danny Granger from Indiana the 76ers waived Granger on Wednesday. But because Philly also picked up a 2015 2nd round pick in the trade they can claim that they still have an asset to show from the deal. :shakehead

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Not sure why the Boston media was ragging on Rondo and motivating him to win a few games. Just be quiet and let them tank in peace

Because he's a bad apple. I've seen him quit on the team in the playoffs. I can't root for someone like that. I've wanted the Celtics to trade him for years now.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Because he's a bad apple. I've seen him quit on the team in the playoffs. I can't root for someone like that. I've wanted the Celtics to trade him for years now.

Not my point. If the media keeps on him he will bring his A game every night this year, and this is not what the celtics need right now.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
@GwashburnGlobe: Brad Stevens said Gerald Wallace has a torn meniscus and is out indefinitely #celtics

Praise Odin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The NBA needs to step in and put an end to the crap that Philly is pulling to ensure a top pick in this year's draft. Less than a week after acquiring Danny Granger from Indiana the 76ers waived Granger on Wednesday. But because Philly also picked up a 2015 2nd round pick in the trade they can claim that they still have an asset to show from the deal. :shakehead

They actually wanted Granger to play for them, he refused. They did nothing wrong.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They actually wanted Granger to play for them, he refused. They did nothing wrong.

That is, from everything I've seen they wanted him on the roster initially. It's not like going from Turner to him is an upgrade anyway, so it isn't like their tank would be hurt.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I don't think tanking is honestly that big of a problem, but I'd love to see the NBA predetermine the draft order for the next 30 years. Each team gets the 1st pick once, the second pick once, etc... and there's a specific rotation (like the year after you get the first pick, you get the 30th, then the 15th, then I don't know what). I saw that idea floated around a couple months ago. Not that the NBA was ever considering it or that it will ever happen, but I think it would be awesome.

Because whether or not Philly said they wanted Granger to play, they're clearly tanking. That's why they traded Turner and Hawes. That's why Noel isn't coming back. We're doing the same thing here. I'm not calling Philly out on it. But the NBA would be better if there was literally zero motivation to lose ever.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Don't you think if Philly really wanted him to stick around that they would have confirmed his intentions before finalizing the deal ????

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
They really need to slow it down. They are keeping pace with the first place Pacers. We're trying to lose here...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't you think if Philly really wanted him to stick around that they would have confirmed his intentions before finalizing the deal ????

I'm sure they don't care either way if he played for them or not- point being, they made the trade thinking he was going to relish the opportunity to jack up 20 shots a game and increase his value to another team, but instead he told them he wanted to go for a championship this year. Philly obliged and let him, since him being on the roster won't make a big difference anyway (like I said, if Granger stayed it doesn't matter, Turner is better anyway).

They did nothing wrong...at least nothing to ***** about. This happens almost every year at the deadline. Bad teams trade for veterans and they request to be bought out.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
They did nothing wrong...at least nothing to ***** about. This happens almost every year at the deadline. Bad teams trade for veterans and they request to be bought out.

Yeah - but this time it p*sses me off since it might have an impact on where the Celtics pick. :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah - but this time it p*sses me off since it might have an impact on where the Celtics pick. :laugh:

Definitely fair haha

Good night it was indeed. Except for ***** boy getting 61, but I'm over him being an animal at this point.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
need to be careful of the knicks though. they're coming in hot.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
need to be careful of the knicks though. they're coming in hot.

With 7 losses in a row they're due to win one pretty soon. The good news they have a bunch of games coming up against the crappier teams in the league - Minnesota, Utah, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Boston and Milwaukee Then after a probable loss against Indiana they play some more games against bad teams - Philadelphia, Cleveland, Lakers and Sacramento. They should be able to win at least 3 or 4 of those games which will help them to pull away from Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad