THE 2-PER-DECADE DRAFT: An All-Time 2-week HOLIDAY Game (from Dec. 18th to Dec 31st)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
No 1890s, 2000s, 2010s.

Let's keep this simple and elegant.

A full 20-player squad representing 2 players from every decade of the 20th century.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Johnny Engine and tony d have been PM'd.

I'll pick last for Day 1.

I feel bad for starting things so early if they didn’t even know we were starting today. At the same time though the date was listed in the thread title for 2 weeks now. Still, makes me think I should have waited.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1. We could limit players to their most dominant decade;

Or

2. Let a GM claim (when picking) a player representing ANY decade in which they played part of 5 seasons (decade from Jan 1st 00 to Dec 31st 09).

The second way is simple and easy, the former more historically apt.

EDIT: WE WILL DO THE 2ND WAY and let the GM claim any decade in which a player played at least one game in five seasons that decade at the highest level of competition.

But you MUST indicate which decade when you pick and stick with it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
No 1890s, 2000s, 2010s.

Let's keep this simple and elegant.

A full 20-player squad representing 2 players from every decade of the 20th century.

This is your project, so I’m good with whatever you want to do. But I think the OP should at least be edited with all of the rules just to avoid some potential confusion.

Reactions: Dirt 101

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
I'll pick Howe of the 1950s, and Shore of the 1930s, in case you were worried about me picking Marty of the 70s or Nick of the 2010s.

Reactions: Habsfan18

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Philadelphia selects:
Bobby Hull LW 1960'S
Ray Bourque D 1980's
[posted 7:02am EASTERN time]
10 days of double picks (2 picks per day any time after 7 a.m. Pacific; 10 a.m. Eastern).
In all aspects of life, it pays to read the fine print.

Now this insta-draft will be in the unenviable position of adjudicating an appropriate sanction for a "jump-the-gun" infraction.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
7am Pacific (to respect West Coasters), 10 am Eastern.

It's easy to mix it up. Heck I missed several Sunday NFL games growing ip due to time zone differences i hadn't realized.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Cleveland will select:

Ray Bourque, D (1980’s)

cut.jpg

&

Jaromir Jagr, RW (1990’s)

9QY9Uh6DGHP5Mp4Q2rrSBPOOK8uQ1AkGkIr_sZDqSAw9eKhCHaC7ZaWbtqLMU8zXLmUoGyat7mc5HXqMetsO3FQBhdRPu0yjwR99bdYB3rPLsCRsBf2tiikWC3mf5esDINbqlqyyWgXeeVnhn2vMcjpR5GfpoVPMqhA_AapLXQPbI1Sb1qkpRoXSv5XP4JvdcnKW5ZiEcd5k3sFL-BwIxTmjEoiLk6hbhjM

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
He's playing defense for me.
Your post identifies him as a 60s player, and he played the majority of that decade as a center for the Leafs. That's not good for you one way or another, given he had his 8 straight years of AST recognition in the 50s, as a defenseman. I personally am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's a simple mistake and not ignorance on Kelly (as you've shown yourself a smart ATD GM and HOH contributor), though I don't know how the rest think it should work.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Your post identifies him as a 60s player, and he played the majority of that decade as a center for the Leafs. That's not good for you one way or another, given he had his 8 straight years of AST recognition in the 50s, as a defenseman. I personally am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's a simple mistake and not ignorance on Kelly (as you've shown yourself a smart ATD GM and HOH contributor), though I don't know how the rest think it should work.

Yeah, I’m not sure what the “official” rule is, but I always understood it that we are basing players abilities on the decade specified in the selection announcement.

So for example when I took 1980’s Ray Bourque, I’m imagining I get THAT version of him for my defense.

Then again, maybe we are over-thinking it and we mis-understood what was simply supposed to be a “use any decade you prefer for a player as long as it was 5 seasons in a decade” type of exercise. Maybe the intention all along was to base players off their entire career.

I guess we’ll let Van clarify.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Yeah, I’m not sure what the “official” rule is, but I always understood it that we are basing players abilities on the decade specified in the selection announcement.

So for example when I took 1980’s Ray Bourque, I’m imagining I get THAT version of him for my defense.

Then again, maybe we are over-thinking it and we mis-understood what was simply supposed to be a “use any decade you prefer for a player as long as it was 5 seasons in a decade” type of exercise. Maybe the intention all along was to base players off their entire career.

I guess we’ll let Van clarify.
If it's the latter, I've been way overthinking my picks, and tbh I like the challenge. My preference is to use the decades selected only, but to let Ted fix his Kelly pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad