OT: The “cheer up” thread

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's not this place that has become toxic, it's our love and relationship to the Habs that has become toxic. Imagine marrying the prom queen type, she has everything you'd want, but after years in the relationship, she's become a gold digger who doesn't make an effort anymore, she takes you for granted. Now that's toxic. That's what the Habs have become.

Nah. As poetic as that all sounds.

I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. We're just like a blue chipper away imo (that includes the prospects who I'm fairly high on).

MB's made some unpopular moves but we're actually fun to watch now for the first time in a long time. We actually score goals. Last season we were one of the better ES scorers for a good part of the season though I don't know how we ended up.

I wanted a more intelligent and thorough post for you since you're a heavyweight on here but I'll just go for unbridled optimism: when everything shakes out I think MB is gonna be seen as an integral part of getting us out of this almost 30 year rut.

I think in a year or two we're gonna have ourselves an exciting team.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. We're just like a blue chipper away imo (that includes the prospects who I'm fairly high on).

MB's made some unpopular moves but we're actually fun to watch now for the first time in a long time. We actually score goals. Last season we were one of the better ES scorers for a good part of the season though I don't know how we ended up.

I wanted a more intelligent and thorough post for you since you're a heavyweight on here but I'll just go for unbridled optimism: when everything shakes out I think MB is gonna be seen as an integral part of getting us out of this almost 30 year rut.

in a year or two it will be what, a full DECADE of MB... he is an integral part of the Habs being in this 30 years rut.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I agree with most lists on here. @De Montreal is a guy Id add to the mix even if he doesnt post on HFHabs that much. Best deadpan humor on HF ainec.

Thank you @Frank Drebin for the shoutout, you offer fine exchanges yourself. The way you are able to reflect back on your opinion and refine it, sometimes mid-debate, when you agree with someone else's point is a rare quality on the internets. That's how any conversation should be.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Fool me once, shame on them
Fool me twice...

And just to further my analogy, the bad wife saw you with divorce papers so she's pimpimg herself up, le naturelle reviendra vite au gallot.

Reactions: Runner77

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Fool me once, shame on them
Fool me twice...

And just to further my analogy, the bad wife saw you with divorce papers so she's pimpimg herself up, le naturelle reviendra vite au gallot.

Perfect. You're summing up this mind set perfectly. Don't get me wrong. I get it.

But it's not actually taking a look at the assets we have so much as an obligation to 'not be fooled again' which sure...we've been fooled many many times. But the 'feel like a dog that's been beat too much' perspective overrides what we actually have I think. Of course I'm still taking a leap of faith here. A LOT of my faith is based on prospects as well as young players who haven't quite reached their potential.

We can argue endlessly over the many times we thought this prospect class was gonna do this and that for us but I just haven't seen the quantity and quality we have right now in the last I don't know how many years.

I won't get into a whole CJ debate (it may all be due to Ducharme) but I feel like we've actually been playing fun hockey this season as well as a good chunk of last.

MB's legacy will be re-evaluated at some point. Very realistically, many of the 'dumb' moves he made very well might not look so dumb. I swear when looked at objectively there's only a few bad trades and I find more good ones. There's plenty I can criticize (though this is the WRONG thread for that) but I'm seeing net positives and I really don't think you have to be some mindless drone who takes whatever Molson tells him as gospel (I rarely watch press conferences, don't live in MTL so no idea what the press says, can't speak French, etc.)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Perfect. You're summing up this mind set perfectly. Don't get me wrong. I get it.

But it's not actually taking a look at the assets we have so much as an obligation to 'not be fooled again' which sure...we've been fooled many many times. But the 'feel like a dog that's been beat too much' perspective overrides what we actually have I think. Of course I'm still taking a leap of faith here. A LOT of my faith is based on prospects as well as young players who haven't quite reached their potential.

We can argue endlessly over the many times we thought this prospect class was gonna do this and that for us but I just haven't seen the quantity and quality we have right now in the last I don't know how many years.

I won't get into a whole CJ debate (it may all be due to Ducharme) but I feel like we've actually been playing fun hockey this season as well as a good chunk of last.

MB's legacy will be re-evaluated at some point. Very realistically, many of the 'dumb' moves he made very well might not look so dumb. I swear when looked at objectively there's only a few bad trades and I find more good ones. There's plenty I can criticize (though this is the WRONG thread for that) but I'm seeing net positives and I really don't think you have to be some mindless drone who takes whatever Molson tells him as gospel (I rarely watch press conferences, don't live in MTL so no idea what the press says, can't speak French, etc.)

Don't know about you,but I feel all cheery now. lol.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The forum is still pretty good considering our underwhelming record in the past recent years.
The only annoying kind of poster is the one whose only mission is to bash the same player over and over again.
I must admit that it's easy to turn a player who disappoints you into a whipping boy.
Personally I must refrain myself of overcriticizing Weber and I probably fail too often.
For that, I apologize. On the other hand, wake up Shea , you can do better ;)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Armia is a solid player. picked up at no cost (like Byron) I question the savvy of those who complain that unproductive francophone Hudon't should be awarded Armia's minutes.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The forum is still pretty good considering our underwhelming record in the past recent years.
The only annoying kind of poster is the one whose only mission is to bash the same player over and over again.
I must admit that it's easy to turn a player who disappoints you into a whipping boy.
Personally I must refrain myself of overcriticizing Weber and I probably fail too often.
For that, I apologize. On the other hand, wake up Shea , you can do better ;)

You question Weber when the weakest Dman, Mete. persists?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad