Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Guys chytil is done

Not a peep on the post game either. You’d think someone would say hopefully Chytil will be feeling better and back in the lineup he brings so much to the team. No not a mention of his name. They barely mentioned him in pregame and not a word post game.

I hate to see this but I think it’s over for him
Not necessarily. He came back too soon. But who knows what happens next year.

Reactions: majordomo

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
If they shit the bed from here on out (replay of last year) burn it the f*** down.

They CANNOT afford to slip.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Not necessarily. He came back too soon. But who knows what happens next year.
He was medically cleared to play a while ago and has been practicing with no limitations for a month. Nobody really knows if it's the same condition. He could actually be ill like they say. If he doesn't play again in the playoffs then we may have more to go on. Until then it is pure speculation.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Is this on console yet? Or am I going to have to buy a PC instead of go to Game 6
Just came out in Early Access(Steam and Epic). They've said it'll be in EA through at least 2024 so it probably won't hit consoles until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2025.

Hades 2 is monster.
It really is. The content in this game is already insane. Super Giant weren't kidding when they said Hades 2 EA already has more in it than Hades 1.0. Love it, Hades was already one of my All-Time favorites and the sequel hasn't disappointed whatsoever.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Can they afford to lose a game or do they have to go 16-0? They could have easily won that game. This is not last year.
I want them to destroy everyone they play. So yes I’m fanatical enough to think 16-0 is possible if not required.

I don’t tolerate losing well and the scars from last year are still bloody and raw.

(My avatar says it all lol)

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Trouba is getting clowned because he is slow but also because he just doesn't skate unless he's going to try and hit someone. Making passes from a standstill all the time instead of moving his feet and then making the pass

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just came out in Early Access(Steam and Epic). They've said it'll be in EA through at least 2024 so it probably won't hit consoles until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2025.

It really is. The content in this game is already insane. Super Giant weren't kidding when they said Hades 2 EA already has more in it than Hades 1.0. Love it, Hades was already one of my All-Time favorites and the sequel hasn't disappointed whatsoever.
Loved Hades 1. Game is sick

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Trouba and Miller 3 years together:
Miller sucks, send him to the AHL, trade him.
Schneider and Miller 3 weeks together:
Miller is a very good defender and unlimited upside.
Schneider with Gustafsson:
Gustafsson is a steal, what a great pickup by Drury.
Trouba with Gustafsson :
Gustafsson is ass, need to play Jones over Gustafsson.

There is a Constant here.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I want them to destroy everyone they play. So yes I’m fanatical enough to think 16-0 is possible if not required.

I don’t tolerate losing well and the scars from last year are still bloody and raw.

It's just unrealistic when playing good teams this time of the year. They are going to lose games. Everybody does. They could have easily won that game also with a little bit of luck as they hit 3 posts and had multiple Grade A chances. I saw nothing tonight that concerns me that they won't win this series.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Watching the MSG post game. Boyle is awesome and adds to an already awesome Vally analysis. He really lets you in on the mindsets of players as plays happen. His explanation of the Canes' first 2 goals is insightful.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
There is a market for Trouba, even at his full contract hit.
Utah is a perfect landing spot. Last time I checked they didn’t offer any contracts to their current d corps.
Trouba is a great off ice Captain, great in the community, wife is a doctor, great with young players and a clean cut guy that would be a fit for the Salt Lake Region.
Armstrong has an abundance of 2nd and 3rd round picks over the next three years.
Team can only be 50/90 so he won’t be able to sign all his players, prospects and future draftees.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Said it during the last series, It's hard to sweep anyone. Like f*** even teams like the Sharks and Blackhawks won games this year and won games against good teams.

Sweeping the Canes would have been awesome and it was right there for them but just wasn't their night. Shit happens. Closing them out in 5 is almost as good. No one has gone 8-0 since they expanded the opening round from 5 to 7 games. Some may argue otherwise for what ever jacked up reason they've concocted in their head but Carolina is good, they didn't finish with the 3rd best record in the league by accident.

I'm guessing the boys come out serious and motivated and close this one out on Monday. If they lose that one you can start to panic a bit.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can they afford to lose a game or do they have to go 16-0? They could have easily won that game. This is not last year.

They could have easily won game 3 last year too. Had a lead, gave up a goal on an iffy penalty call and lost in OT. They could have easily won game 3 against Tampa (although the play in that game was lopsided) had a 2-0 lead and Trouba took a penalty I believe that gave them the first goal. I'm sorry I've seen too many of these "could have easily won" series to ever think that we're in good shape.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s very very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, let alone 4.
That’s why it was miraculous we went 7-0 and made this a close game after spotting them 3 for not showing up…
Lav/housley/peca and the entire team knew Carolina would throw everything they can muster + the kitchen sink.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They could have easily won game 3 last year too. Had a lead, gave up a goal on an iffy penalty call and lost in OT. They could have easily won game 3 against Tampa (although the play in that game was lopsided) had a 2-0 lead and Trouba took a penalty I believe that gave them the first goal. I'm sorry I've seen too many of these "could have easily won" series to ever think that we're in good shape.

They need to win 1 before the other team wins 3.

Not the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad