OT: The “cheer up” thread

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
I’ve been a long time lurker on this website. I made a thread in the summer of 2018 asking people to name the posters they enjoyed reading the most. It received incredible feed back and brought a ton of positivity. It seems the last week there’s been a lot of anxiety and negativity in regards to the team and rightfully so. I thought I’d do something similar but change it up a bit. HF seems to become a lifestyle for a lot of people. Who’re the posters on the Habs board you’ve enjoyed not only reading but debating with over the years. Doesn’t have to be a poster you always have the same opinion with, but just enjoy to get into any kind of debate with or converse with. Maybe this can bring everyone back together for a little while again.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
There are so many awesome posters on this board.

@Runner77 @groovejuice @LaP @Lshap @Lafleurs Guy @Andrei79 @NotProkofievian @DAChampion @LyricalLyricist @loudi94 @FerrisRox all come to mind off the top of my head as posters I've either had awesome conversations with or genuinely learn something by reading their posts. Obviously I'm missing some that deserve a shoutout and I will post as I remember them.

Then there are the posters that I consistently butt heads with but I still think are awesome. Looking at you @ECWHSWI and lately @Mrb1p . Still love ya man but just taking a break from the abuse for a moment.

Then there a few that grind my gears, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I enjoy reading pretty much everyone around here. If i would not then i would not post here. There might be 2-3 guys getting on my nerves here and there but for the most part 90% of the discussions are fun. I don't want to name anyone cause i'll miss people and often it sucks when you invest lot of time in a forum and people start listing good posters in a thread and everyone forget about you. So i like you all and the discussions for the most part are fun and knowledgeable. It's easy to forget that some posters are young and others are old. When you are young you're a lot less negative. Everything is new and exciting. When you're old like me often you become grumpier without realizing it. Things are not as good as they were back in the days. Often it's just nostalgia. As long as we win another cup before i die i'll be happy ;) Long live the community it's a great one full of passionate fans.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There are so many awesome posters on this board.

@Runner77 @groovejuice @LaP @Lshap @Lafleurs Guy @Andrei79 @NotProkofievian @DAChampion @LyricalLyricist @loudi94 @FerrisRox all come to mind off the top of my head as posters I've either had awesome conversations with or genuinely learn something by reading their posts. Obviously I'm missing some that deserve a shoutout and I will post as I remember them.

Then there are the posters that I consistently butt heads with but I still think are awesome. Looking at you @ECWHSWI and lately @Mrb1p . Still love ya man but just taking a break from the abuse for a moment.

Then there a few that grind my gears, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Thanks Frank. That's a formidable list of posters you've listed here. I think the longer we are here, the more tolerant and open minded we become - this absolutely applies to me as well.

You're a fine poster yourself and I daresay have many fans here, including me.

We all share the frustration of loving a team that is a long way from its glory days, and there is no end in sight to the mediocrity, nor a fast track to the success all of us want to see.

Yet we are a still a family, even while recognizing and hopefully accepting our differences of opinion.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks Frank. That's a formidable list of posters you've listed here. I think the longer we are here, the more tolerant and open minded we become - this absolutely applies to me as well.

So many posters on this site that I enjoy reading, including all of those who have contributed to this thread so far.

Talk about Frank, he used to be a fine poster when he had his old avy. :sarcasm: It was the most Canadian thing. I don't think anyone else would have considered using that as an avy and I did throw a few barbs at him over the years, when he had it.

I used to tell him "it doesn't get any better than this" and we'd always have a laugh about it. So here's to yourself, to Frank, to the other posters in this thread and those HFers at large who provide us with so much info and entertainment:

dfc_tallcoldone599.jpg

OK, I lied. Frank is still a fine poster. :D

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I’ve been a long time lurker on this website. I made a thread in the summer of 2018 asking people to name the posters they enjoyed reading the most. It received incredible feed back and brought a ton of positivity. It seems the last week there’s been a lot of anxiety and negativity in regards to the team and rightfully so. I thought I’d do something similar but change it up a bit. HF seems to become a lifestyle for a lot of people. Who’re the posters on the Habs board you’ve enjoyed not only reading but debating with over the years. Doesn’t have to be a poster you always have the same opinion with, but just enjoy to get into any kind of debate with or converse with. Maybe this can bring everyone back together for a little while again.

Thanks for that. We should never forget that we're allies and friends with similar goals that we all share.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So many posters on this site that I enjoy reading, including all of those who have contributed to this thread so far.

Talk about Frank, he used to be a fine poster when he had his old avy. :sarcasm: It was the most Canadian thing. I don't think anyone else would have considered using that as an avy and I did throw a few barbs at him over the years, when he had it.

I used to tell him "it doesn't get any better than this" and we'd always have a laugh about it. So here's to yourself, to Frank, to the other posters in in this thread and those HFers at large who provide us with so much info and entertainment:

dfc_tallcoldone599.jpg

OK, I lied. Frank is still a fine poster. :D
Lol, I totally forgot about that avatar. Makes me chuckle just thinking about that silly commercial.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I enjoy reading pretty much everyone around here. If i would not then i would not post here. There might be 2-3 guys getting on my nerves here and there but for the most part 90% of the discussions are fun. I don't want to name anyone cause i'll miss people and often it sucks when you invest lot of time in a forum and people start listing good posters in a thread and everyone forget about you. So i like you all and the discussions for the most part are fun and knowledgeable. It's easy to forget that some posters are young and others are old. When you are young you're a lot less negative. Everything is new and exciting. When you're old like me often you become grumpier without realizing it. Things are not as good as they were back in the days. Often it's just nostalgia. As long as we win another cup before i die i'll be happy ;) Long live the community it's a great one full of passionate fans.
1)Log in (stay logged in): My name or email address and password
2) Home/Forums/NHL Eastern Conference/Atlantic Division/Montreal Canadiens
3) Log off
4)Rinse
5)Repeat

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm honestly very flattered that I made your list. Trust me the feeling is mutual, you just screwed me over by mentioning me after I omitted you - any mention after that wouldnt have seemed genuine, ya know?

Some other chill posters besides @nhlfan9191 , are my man @Ozymandias , @Bloumeister @PaulD @OldCraig71 , @Adam Michaels @Toene all the regular contributors to the OOT thread. I think I've had it out at least once with every mention on this list but I still respect each and every one of them.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

We all share the frustration of loving a team that is a long way from its glory days, and there is no end in sight to the mediocrity, nor a fast track to the success all of us want to see.

Yet we are a still a family, even while recognizing and hopefully accepting our differences of opinion.

Jeeze you guys become ssoooo soft when someone makes on of these threads

Just kiddin, i agree

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
I'm a lurker mostly, from France, different time zone, lots of work, 4 children ... I don't really debate around here as I lack time so I'll try to tell the things a bit differently.

I got hooked thanks to @Whitesnake 's prospects reports and subscribed like three years later I think.

Overall, I'm trully thankful to read such quality posts. I'm a big hockey nerd from a country where hockey is a minor sport trying to grow with almost no media exposure. Reading this board gives me a lot of informations, links to great articles, different visions of what happens to the team and that's a lot of fun to read. It even brings me a feeling of the media storm around the team.
I began to learn about this at a time when following the Montreal Canadiens meant listening to CKAC broadcasts on the internet late at night (1am for home games) while texting to a friend who would do the same ... talk about a way to live your passion "live". Still, good memories ! It's so much easier with NHL TV theses days, no blackouts for me, next to no live games are broadcasted here.

I happen to learn some new things from time to time as we all do, hockeywise or not (nutrition, fitness, whatever).

I'm always blown away with the GDT's , @Runner77 @roy munson @moeninglory @donghabs98 and many others come to mind. @Bloumeister rules by the way. All these contributions make me crack smiles, even laugh, on a regular basis. Thank you guys !

Of course there are posters that I like and some that get on my nerves as well. The board has had a tendency to split in two the last years, pro management and haters, whatever you call the factions. I will confess being a "hater" :D , but in these passionate debates, I appreciate @teamfirst 's open mindedness. Most of the time, I don't share his opinions and yet, he's always nice to other posters and shows a genuine sense of humor, not bitter one bit. I love it :clap:

This place is not perfect for sure ... yet I come to read all of you on a daily basis and have been for years. Thanks for the good times and the ones to come :yo:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes