OT: The “cheer up” thread

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm a lurker mostly, from France, different time zone, lots of work, 4 children ... I don't really debate around here as I lack time so I'll try to tell the things a bit differently.

I got hooked thanks to @Whitesnake 's prospects reports and subscribed like three years later I think.

Overall, I'm trully thankful to read such quality posts. I'm a big hockey nerd from a country where hockey is a minor sport trying to grow with almost no media exposure. Reading this board gives me a lot of informations, links to great articles, different visions of what happens to the team and that's a lot of fun to read. It even brings me a feeling of the media storm around the team.
I began to learn about this at a time when following the Montreal Canadiens meant listening to CKAC broadcasts on the internet late at night (1am for home games) while texting to a friend who would do the same ... talk about a way to live your passion "live". Still, good memories ! It's so much easier with NHL TV theses days, no blackouts for me, next to no live games are broadcasted here.

I happen to learn some new things from time to time as we all do, hockeywise or not (nutrition, fitness, whatever).

I'm always blown away with the GDT's , @Runner77 @roy munson @moeninglory @donghabs98 and many others come to mind. @Bloumeister rules by the way. All these contributions make me crack smiles, even laugh, on a regular basis. Thank you guys !

Of course there are posters that I like and some that get on my nerves as well. The board has had a tendency to split in two the last years, pro management and haters, whatever you call the factions. I will confess being a "hater" :D , but in these passionate debates, I appreciate @teamfirst 's open mindedness. Most of the time, I don't share his opinions and yet, he's always nice to other posters and shows a genuine sense of humor, not bitter one bit. I love it :clap:

This place is not perfect for sure ... yet I come to read all of you on a daily basis and have been for years. Thanks for the good times and the ones to come :yo:

Except when he belittles our hockey knowledge

Reactions: OldCraig71

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm a lurker mostly, from France, different time zone, lots of work, 4 children ... I don't really debate around here as I lack time so I'll try to tell the things a bit differently.

I got hooked thanks to @Whitesnake 's prospects reports and subscribed like three years later I think.

Overall, I'm trully thankful to read such quality posts. I'm a big hockey nerd from a country where hockey is a minor sport trying to grow with almost no media exposure. Reading this board gives me a lot of informations, links to great articles, different visions of what happens to the team and that's a lot of fun to read. It even brings me a feeling of the media storm around the team.
I began to learn about this at a time when following the Montreal Canadiens meant listening to CKAC broadcasts on the internet late at night (1am for home games) while texting to a friend who would do the same ... talk about a way to live your passion "live". Still, good memories ! It's so much easier with NHL TV theses days, no blackouts for me, next to no live games are broadcasted here.

I happen to learn some new things from time to time as we all do, hockeywise or not (nutrition, fitness, whatever).

I'm always blown away with the GDT's , @Runner77 @roy munson @moeninglory @donghabs98 and many others come to mind. @Bloumeister rules by the way. All these contributions make me crack smiles, even laugh, on a regular basis. Thank you guys !

Of course there are posters that I like and some that get on my nerves as well. The board has had a tendency to split in two the last years, pro management and haters, whatever you call the factions. I will confess being a "hater" :D , but in these passionate debates, I appreciate @teamfirst 's open mindedness. Most of the time, I don't share his opinions and yet, he's always nice to other posters and shows a genuine sense of humor, not bitter one bit. I love it :clap:

This place is not perfect for sure ... yet I come to read all of you on a daily basis and have been for years. Thanks for the good times and the ones to come :yo:
They are the fake news crowd. No excuse whatsoever to support this management. After 8 years, ''oh he got Domi'' ain't good enough. ''He rebuilt the prospect pool''? Well ya...I mean...f*** ya. He's missed the POs 3 out of 4 years, you sure as hell expect him to add on some good prospects over those years.

Bottom line. The guy is a bozo. Cheer thread? Suck on my nuts :sarcasm:.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
@Ozymandias & @Kriss E

Just a feeling guys, I don't post enough nor do I read everything. Was trying to be positive to stay on topic and try something ... different.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the infos I find here regardless of the single poster, let's keep it at that.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
@Ozymandias & @Kriss E

Just a feeling guys, I don't post enough nor do I read everything. Was trying to be positive to stay on topic and try something ... different.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the infos I find here regardless of the single poster, let's keep it at that.

Mate...:sarcasm: this smiley is sarcastic. Don't take what I write in this thread seriously.
Good or bad, agree or not, post don't lurk, that's what makes this board. It's all good in the end, this is just a forum. Don't take it too seriously.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
Mate...:sarcasm: this smiley is sarcastic. Don't take what I write in this thread seriously.
Good or bad, agree or not, post don't lurk, that's what makes this board. It's all good in the end, this is just a forum. Don't take it too seriously.
I should know better ... doing too many things at a time I skipped the :sarcasm:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They are the fake news crowd. No excuse whatsoever to support this management. After 8 years, ''oh he got Domi'' ain't good enough. ''He rebuilt the prospect pool''? Well ya...I mean...**** ya. He's missed the POs 3 out of 4 years, you sure as hell expect him to add on some good prospects over those years.

Bottom line. The guy is a bozo. Cheer thread? Suck on my nuts :sarcasm:.
Time and place mate, literally any other thread than this one.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This place definitely needs some more cheering up. It's been toxic quite often the past 2-3 years. You get ridiculed for being positive, or optimistic about the team. If it's not doom and gloom and mock everything about the habs all the time - than you don't belong.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I've been reading daily for over 15 years and only post very occasionally. I keep coming back despite the pervasive negativity. One guy not mentioned yet that I enjoy reading is @dackelljuneaubulis02 . Seems to be a level-headed guy with good hockey knowledge. Cheers bud.

Hey thanks! Never felt particularly knowledgeable about the game itself so I'm quite flattered.

Cheers, FormerLurker!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This place definitely needs some more cheering up. It's been toxic quite often the past 2-3 years. You get ridiculed for being positive, or optimistic about the team. If it's not doom and gloom and mock everything about the habs all the time - than you don't belong.

It's not this place that has become toxic, it's our love and relationship to the Habs that has become toxic. Imagine marrying the prom queen type, she has everything you'd want, but after years in the relationship, she's become a gold digger who doesn't make an effort anymore, she takes you for granted. Now that's toxic. That's what the Habs have become.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I liked the posters: The Great Pateryn and The Great Schlemko.

Nah I'm just kidding those two posters were annoying, I'm glad they don't post here anymore. :naughty:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's not this place that has become toxic, it's our love and relationship to the Habs that has become toxic. Imagine marrying the prom queen type, she has everything you'd want, but after years in the relationship, she's become a gold digger who doesn't make an effort anymore, she takes you for granted. Now that's toxic. That's what the Habs have become.
I'm just in it for the makeup sex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad