Thanks to Chevy

None

Feb 22, 2012
The anyone could have done it narrative when it comes to Chevy and Maurice is my all time favourite.

It's the last vestige of the can't give credit when credit is due crowd.

There's a poster on another team's board (not one of the usual suspects either) that doesn't give any credit to Chevy for the draft success since 2011. It's like it's been forgotten that Carl Klingberg was the top rated prospect at that point. The Jets added to the Thrashers scouting department without many subtractions, so something has obviously changed with Chevy at the helm.

2011Name2017Name
1LWCarl KlingbergLWKyle Connor
2CPatrice CormierC/RWJack Roslovic
3RWSpencer MachacekLW/RWKristian Vesalainen
4RDPaul PostmaLDSami Niku
5LDArturs KuldaRDTucker Poolman
6C/LWIvan TeleginGEric Comrie
7CEric O'DellCMichael Spacek
8CDaultan LeveilleCJansen Harkins
9LDJulian MelchioriLDDylan Samberg
10 RWVinny Saponari LD Logan Stanley
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2011 taken from here and 2017 from this thread. Did anyone from the 2011 list play more than 100 games apart from Postma?

There's obviously graduates since the polls were done, and some players would have shifted positions in their rankings, but there's still players that weren't voted into the top 10 in the polls that I'd take over almost everyone from the 2011 list.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10
Nov 24, 2006
There's a poster on another team's board (not one of the usual suspects either) that doesn't give any credit to Chevy for the draft success since 2011. It's like it's been forgotten that Carl Klingberg was the top rated prospect at that point. The Jets added to the Thrashers scouting department without many subtractions, so something has obviously changed with Chevy at the helm.

2011Name2017Name
1LWCarl KlingbergLWKyle Connor
2CPatrice CormierC/RWJack Roslovic
3RWSpencer MachacekLW/RWKristian Vesalainen
4RDPaul PostmaLDSami Niku
5LDArturs KuldaRDTucker Poolman
6C/LWIvan TeleginGEric Comrie
7CEric O'DellCMichael Spacek
8CDaultan LeveilleCJansen Harkins
9LDJulian MelchioriLDDylan Samberg
10 RWVinny Saponari LD Logan Stanley
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2011 taken from here and 2017 from this thread. Did anyone from the 2011 list play more than 100 games apart from Postma?

There's obviously graduates since the polls were done, and some players would have shifted positions in their rankings, but there's still players that weren't voted into the top 10 in the polls that I'd take over almost everyone from the 2011 list.

Ah yes, this was what us old timers called the Vinny Saponari era. Dark days indeed.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The anyone could have done it narrative when it comes to Chevy and Maurice is my all time favourite.

You could have done it if you did it exactly the same way you know

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

(Mod)

It cannot be proven nor can it be negated, because we will never know

Its used by those that have nothing left to use as examples against either Chevy or Maurice to show them as incompetent. Success takes away everything they relied on in the past, which was losing . So now they are reduced to the narrative that a blind chipmunk finds a nut every now and then.

Problem with that stupid narrative is its only viable to use it when the negative examples far out weight the positive examples. When you have 3 to 4 negative moves or mistakes, lumped in with 25 to 30 things done very well over the past several seasons, that narrative just sounds ridiculous.

Primarily used by those that cannot swallow their pride and admit they were incorrect, regardless of how silly they sound. I think there are 2 to 3 of them left on here.

3 years ago, it made you want to vomit, but today, they are great for a laugh from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wpgallday1960

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Chevy has done a very good job with our draft picks , i don't get the , well it's the scouting staff that should get the credit , didn't chevy hire the scouting staff ? The only top 3 pick Chevy has had was Laine , all of the other picks were low enough to not turn out as well as they have . Maurice has flaws , who doesn't :laugh: but he got a very young and talented team to the WCF and beat the #1 team in the league on the road to get there . He has earned some slack on the noose as far as I'm concerned . :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad