Thank you Swedish Head Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugenSilverSiR

Jun 30, 2008
After reflecting on what the head coach said about the competition between them vs Canada. I think that only lit a fire under Canadas pants and they wanted to face Sweden one more time in the Finals. For that I do thank the head coach for making Canada that much more hungrier against the US. Not that there was already motivation enough to beat our nemesis. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yY1z8ef_Sc

Good luck in the Bronze medal game.

Humphrey*

I think that only lit a fire under Canadas pants and they wanted to face Sweden one more time in the Finals.

Shouldn't Canada have lost last night then so they could beat up the Swedes in the bronze medal game?

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
They didn't need any motivation to beat the US, all they had to do is show up, which is more than the US did.

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
If the Canadian players needed an opposition coach's ambiguously/awkwardly worded sound bite to get fired up, they don't deserve to wear the maple leaf.

In other words, you're reaching really far here.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
If the Canadian players needed an opposition coach's ambiguously/awkwardly worded sound bite to get fired up, they don't deserve to wear the maple leaf.

In other words, you're reaching really far here.

Probably didn't need it, probably didn't hurt.

If I am the coach, I use whatever I have at my disposal to get my team fired up, as you say.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
It's really, REALLY, easy to piss off canadians :laugh:

That's about it, the two things that drag these types of tournaments down into the gutter most are that it is ok for Canadians to citique/handicap the rest of the field but heaven forbid the rest of the field do the same thing but come up with different opinions. Hell in this case the opinion was the same as what many so called experts thought and it was still apparently bulletin board material.

The second, and it's been happening since atleast the '96 world cup, is Sweden's apparent insecurity with Canada's place in the game to the point where a tournament doesn't seem to go by without some accustion of NA reffing bias.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
What many Canadians seem to forget is that the Swedish coach was actually right...

Whether he was right or wrong makes little difference to me. I mean if the US were the worse match of the 3 would he have told the media the Czechs and Canadians were tougher...I'm not sure he would have at all....especially considering the way the Swedes have handled the media in recent years.

My issue was there's no sense in saying something like that while the opposing coach is right beside you. He said it knowing it would make a stir...and he ends up with nothing to show for it. I said it at the time, it was gamesmanship...and it didn't work for the Swedes...again.

MugenSilverSiR

Jun 30, 2008
I think it's clear that some people haven't played hockey let alone compete in competition to know that in the heat of battle there is something called adding fuel to the fire that brings out the best in ones play.

Having said that I think the one using words they don't understand should keep quiet.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
It's not something you say right after the game. Especially when you had to go to the shootout to win.

It may or may not have been the truth, but it can be taken as an insult to

a) The Canadian forwards

or

b) Robin Lehner

It can be an insult to Lehner as 5 goals were allowed, even though the Russians were tougher (in a shutout game).

I'm sure it wasn't an insult to his starting goalie, so I'm going with A. Final answer.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad