Thank you from Boston

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
Boston and Montreal are very similar cities. Both a seen as not a metropolitan town but great cultural and sport and port cities, and both are similar in political ideologies. Boston is to NYC what Montreal is to Toronto. I have a lot of family residing in Massachusetts, I visit often and I love the city of Boston. Great place to have a beer and catch a football/hockey/baseball/basketball game or spend a nice summer day. My cousin's wife ran the marathon 5 years straight prior to this year, and when I heard the news while studying in the library I was shocked and worried. Took a few hours to get a text reply saying everyone was OK and that she injured her ankle while training for the marathon and was unable to participate. I prayed so much during that time, to whom I'm not sure, as I am nor Christian nor do I abide to any other religion (light of the situation, can you blame me?). What happened here transcends sports rivalry and differences, and was incredibly sad. I was following the "manhunt" last night for the remaining suspect and was glad he was caught alive so he can face the music.

That being said, I really think this situation will turn into a source of motivation for Boston, it will make the Bruins much stronger opponents in the playoffs. I want you guys to be top shape when we face each other in the 2nd/3rd round so we can kick your arse fair and square.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I didn't come over to your boards, but I feel really sorry for everyone in Boston and for everyone in the state of Mass. In this case it doesn't matter what team we support once the puck drops, what matters is that 4 people lost their lives in a sensless act of violance and as a human being who witnessed the horrors of war in his own country this is something that deeply disturbs me especially since Boston is a city I love (I love their Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, I love their Irish heritage, I love their mentality and bravado) and respect.

Stay strong and proud good people of Boston.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Boston and Montreal are similar. Both big cities with small town vibes, and more cultural than their business-y counterparts (NY and TO). Love the city, hate the team. Every time I've been down there, i've been greeted with the best kind of people. Glad they caught the guy.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Boston and Montreal are similar, yes. But Bostonites have a way better English accent than us French guys who speak English.

I just have to listen to Chris Nilan (who was born in 'Bah-ston') on his radio show to hear that nice accent!

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad