Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I feel like we might need a bouncer. There is going to be some post-Oshie shenanigans in game 3. My, how our Breadman has grown since "the letter" days
If not Rempe, Roslovic. But Rempe got burned last game quite a few times and looked pretty bad overall. A night to sit is not a bad thing for the kid. I'd probably wait to see how game 3 looks like and either way start Chytil in game 4 for one of the two.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Goodrow-Wennberg-Vesey is a really good 4th line. That's a "3rd" line. Good stuff.

However, the Caps just muck the game up a bunch. I'm not sure Chytil should be in against them.

However, however, taking 2 games in Washington is super hard. It's a tough building and a tough team. We will see.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Goodrow-Wennberg-Vesey is a really good 4th line. That's a "3rd" line. Good stuff.

However, the Caps just muck the game up a bunch. I'm not sure Chytil should be in against them.

However, however, taking 2 games in Washington is super hard. It's a tough building and a tough team. We will see.
Chytils speed adds a very different dimension and he’s a far more offensively talented player, and that’s harder to muck up.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

The 3rd line has been fantastic, outside of actual scoring. I wouldn't break them up unless they give a reason to.

Roslovic will give reason enough sooner or later to remove him from line 2 (and from the lineup).

Reactions: MrAlmost

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

They CANNOT drop game 3. Game four to lose is a different story.

Reactions: MrAlmost

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
The 3rd line has been fantastic, outside of actual scoring. I wouldn't break them up unless they give a reason to.

Roslovic will give reason enough sooner or later to remove him from line 2 (and from the lineup).
I wouldn't take Ros out. Speed matters and he is working fine on the Z line.

I like Rempe a lot, but if him out is for Chytil, that's a bigger improvement. The 3rd line hasn't done anything to make me think Chyil at center for Wennberg would be a downgrade. Especially if Wennberg goes to line 4.

That's the kind of depth winning is made of.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
goodrow wennberg vesey is a cup quality 4th line. serious matchup chops, can possess a little bit and pressure the hell out of opposing defensemen

Reactions: Rongomania

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The concern I have now is Caps control match ups and Rempe could get caught out there in an unfamiliar and unfriendly situation.

If Chytil is ready, I say play him and sit Rempe.

Yes he add an element to the team, but physicality is not much of an issue for this team.....yes, I said it.

CK - MZ - JR
AP - VT - AL
FC - AW - KK
WC - BG - JV

That would be my line up tomorrow.

Three lines with offensive capability and sound defensive instincts.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Hope he’s ok to play.

Cuylle - Chytil - Kak has been the move all season. Upgrading that third line makes us so much more dangerous. I move Vesey up with Zib/Kreids bench Ros.

Reactions: CLW

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think he’s close, but we won’t see him this series.

Unless Wennberg is out. They are calling it maintenance and 9 times out of 10 they just rest and come back to play.

Maybe he took a shot to the boot or similar and it’s best to stay off it. With the 2 days off he got a little extra time too.

My money is on the same lineup from games 1&2

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think he’s close, but we won’t see him this series.

Unless Wennberg is out. They are calling it maintenance and 9 times out of 10 they just rest and come back to play.

Maybe he took a shot to the boot or similar and it’s best to stay off it. With the 2 days off he got a little extra time too.

My money is on the same lineup from games 1&2

Chytil in for Rempe against Carolina, who is not a a very large or punishingly physical team up front makes sense. Chytil's speed will be needed more in that series than Rempe's toughness imo.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Chytil in for Rempe against Carolina, who is not a a very large or punishingly physical team up front makes sense. Chytil's speed will be needed more in that series than Rempe's toughness imo.
I don’t disagree, but I don’t think it’s a Matt OR Fil binary. Ros could come out or Wennberg. I think it should be between Ros and Rempe, depending on the situation.

Reactions: kovazub94

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just posted the same thing in the other thread. I think thats where this is headed, provided Wennberg is in

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I actually think the opposite lol. If we drop 1 tonight, we see Chytil in game 4.

There’s little risk in using him with a 3-0 lead and lots of rust. You can spot him where you want to see him and see how he does. If the game is lost, no big deal. You greased the wheels so to speak. I’d rather that then the higher pressure of a game 4 where the Caps could tie it up. Plus, it might be a big lift for the team and maybe they can close it out in 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad