Thank you from Boston

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I noticed alot of you visited the Bruins Board to pass along condolences in the aftermath of the Marathon Bombing. Sometines sports isnt as important as we make it out to be when something like this happens...We curse and wish the worst towards our great rivalry yet most of us have a great respect for the Habs/Bruins rivalry..I know I do as Ive posted on this board and the Bruins board...

Also a big thank you for the moment of silence at you last game. Was truly appreciated..On severals I posted and had many great hockey chats on your board even though Im a Bruin fan. I was always treated with respect and that is mutual.
Best of luck as the regular season comes to an end, congrats on a terrific season and all the best in the playoffs. Hope both our teams stays healthy and I wish all of you and your families the very best of health and happiness..Take good care of each other!!

Ernest

theschwab13

Jul 2, 2012
Anytime! Sometimes people forget that it is just a game. After what happened, everyone's safety was the only thing that was important. Hope everyone over on the Bruins board is safe and sound with their families!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Agreed, even though the hate is there because of the history and rivalry has been around for so long, the respect for your team and fans will always be there.

I have so many buddies that are Habs fans here in B.C. and we are always chirping each other, but I would not have it any other way.

I still would rather watch a Bruins/Habs game/playoff game than any other match up in the NHL.

Kudos to you guys, good luck in the playoffs.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I didn't come over to the boards but I wish nothing but the best for all Bostonians including Bruins fans.

I have a handful of relatives down Boston way and watching this unfold was horrible.

Hockey is just hockey.

Hope no one that frequents the boards had themselves or any family injured or scarred from this horrible incident.

Take care and be well Boston.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Part of a fantastic rivalry (in my opinion) is at the end of the day we are both very passionate fans with big hearts for our teams and city. As much as I love to hate the Bruins they matter to me more than any other team in the NHL, and for that the teams and fans have my respect. What happened was horrific, we truly hope your friends and family are safe.

That moment of silence was a disgrace in my opinion, that idiot that started blasting his mouth 10 seconds in ruined it. But know that the normal people in this city are with you, keeping a very close eye on whats going on.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Get ready for some cheese... It's times like these when a hockey fan is brought down to earth and realizes what's really important in life. No amount of animosity between the two clubs and their fans will get in the way it. Hope everyone on your boards and their families were safe.

I'm actually rooting for boston tonight. Clinching a playoff berth for their fans would be a great distraction and bring joy to a city that could really use some.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Anytime! Sometimes people forget that it is just a game. After what happened, everyone's safety was the only thing that was important. Hope everyone over on the Bruins board is safe and sound with their families!

... Hopefully no one has to do that ever again.

As for the Bruins, I still hate them, but this bombing occurred outside the sphere of hockey (in which the Bruins are the dirtiest, whiniest team in history) and every one's thoughts and hearts are with the people affected by it. We're all human and we're all very lucky to be alive and loved by someone. Even Brad Marchand.

Alaix

I believe.
Mar 30, 2010
We hate the Bruins, not Boston.

And I was really sad to see some idiots started shouting couple seconds after the start of the moment of silence...

RIP to the victims of the bombings and my thoughts to the families of the deads and injured...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sports is just sports, and we are all fans, what happened in Boston is so tragic, and the entire city and their families are in everyone's thoughts...it puts alot of things in perspective....

Great city, great sports town, great people...

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I'm overwhelmed by your posts yet Im not surprised..Saint Patrick, that was only one person out of 21,000 + fans..The moment of silence was great and in no way opinionated by one person who was maybe drunk..Thanks again for all the thoughtful posts.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We hate the Bruins, not Boston.

And I was really sad to see some idiots started shouting couple seconds after the start of the moment of silence...

RIP to the victims of the bombings and my thoughts to the families of the deads and injured...

Hate? A strong word to associate with the passive activity of watching any group of professional athletes. Take it from the perspective of someone who has been watching hockey for over sixty years: it's only a game. If you're going to hate anything, focus your attention on the cowardly mindset that allows someone to leave a bomb that is planned to cause indiscriminate carnage among innocent and unsuspecting civilians. In my long life I have seen so much evil that the recent tragedy in Boston shouldn't come as a surprise. Perhaps that is what we should all hate, the unfortunate state of the human condition.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Hate? A strong word to associate with the passive activity of watching any group of professional athletes. Take it from the perspective of someone who has been watching hockey for over sixty years: it's only a game. If you're going to hate anything, focus your attention on the cowardly mindset that allows someone to leave a bomb that is planned to cause indiscriminate carnage among innocent and unsuspecting civilians. In my long life I have seen so much evil that the recent tragedy in Boston shouldn't come as a surprise. Perhaps that is what we should all hate, the unfortunate state of the human condition.

Really appreciate, respect and agree 100% with your post sir!! Wishing the very best to your friends and family sir!

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I visited Boston for the first time two years ago and I was impressed by how pretty it is. I really liked my time there. So I was shocked by what happened... Hopefully Boston recovers from it(it will) and does not give in to fear. I also hope the victims that are still alive get better and will be able to have normal lives.

I hope you guys clinch tonight. Go Bruins, go Boston.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
In the end hockey is just a game and reality is what matters the most. Our ability to forget our differences (no matter how small or big) and come together as a society during moments like earlier this week is what makes us human.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I noticed alot of you visited the Bruins Board to pass along condolences in the aftermath of the Marathon Bombing. Sometines sports isnt as important as we make it out to be when something like this happens...We curse and wish the worst towards our great rivalry yet most of us have a great respect for the Habs/Bruins rivalry..I know I do as Ive posted on this board and the Bruins board...

Also a big thank you for the moment of silence at you last game. Was truly appreciated..On severals I posted and had many great hockey chats on your board even though Im a Bruin fan. I was always treated with respect and that is mutual.
Best of luck as the regular season comes to an end, congrats on a terrific season and all the best in the playoffs. Hope both our teams stays healthy and I wish all of you and your families the very best of health and happiness..Take good care of each other!!

Ernest

I would have passed my thoughts and concerns too but I've been banned.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'd like to echo the sentiments of my fellow Bostonians here and say thank you for the words of support and compassion for our grief.

Thank you.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
While I haven't popped over to your boards, know that my thoughts are with Boston during this time. You guys have been phenomenal rallying from this tragedy - civilians to sports stars alike. Boston strong, indeed.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I visited Boston for the first time two years ago and I was impressed by how pretty it is. I really liked my time there. So I was shocked by what happened... Hopefully Boston recovers from it(it will) and does not give in to fear. I also hope the victims that are still alive get better and will be able to have normal lives.

I hope you guys clinch tonight. Go Bruins, go Boston.

One of my fave cities. Going back in August.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I was at the marathon to watch my fiance. I will never forget when I was walking on the street parallel to boylston and heard the boom and saw smoke... Sad night for sure watching t.v and at the restaurant where everybody was looking at the t.v

Like someone said we, habs fan, have nothing against the city of boston.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You're very welcome. And we know you would have done the same for us. Boston is a great city that just happens to be in the middle of a hockey rivalry. But it is just that...a hockey rivalry. When lives at at stakes, we pursue the same goal which should be the safest environment for our parents, ourselves and our kids. We have to fight together for a better world free of violence. Which is what we're doing right now.

There will be an event in Montreal that will be taken place in remembrance to the Boston event. A lot of people will be walking and showing their respect to the people who were killed an injured.

I have no doubt that your great city will be stronger than ever.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
As a token of your appreciation, you can tell us how to beat the Leafs. ;)

In all honestly, this was an extremely tragic incident that nobody ever hopes they have to experience. Everyone here knows that you guys would do the same if the roles had been reversed. Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathies go to all those affected, directly or otherwise.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Always heart warming to see two rivaling cities comfort each other in times like this. Always a pleasure, we are hockey fans and human beings, we share more then we'd like to admit, and its times like these where we are reminded that Hockey is just a game.

Be safe and god bless to all of you guys in Boston.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As a token of your appreciation, you can tell us how to beat the Leafs. ;)

At this point....I wouldn't be surprised that despite the rivalry, we'd probably wish to see Boston destroing Toronto if they meet in the playoffs....So we might even have something in common hockeywise...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad