Thank you from Boston

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Honestly to me the fact that I see so much "Even though I hate the Bruins..." or "Despite our rivalry..." type stuff going on is so bizarre to me... Not trying to be down on people that just shouldn't even need to be said, I think its a bit nuts to even include anything like that when something like this happens. It'd be completely insane to let a sport, no matter how much I and we all love it, have a semblance of any influence on how we react to this stuff and how we react to people in the wake of something so shocking and unfortunate. I guess I get that its a hockey board but I saw some posts that made me shake my head when they had to be prefaced with something that sounds like "It pains me to sympathize with you guys but in this case I do" when there should be no need to preface a message of sympathy and of well wishing and support in any way in my opinion.

Anyway, after typing this I don't know if it sounds negative or critical and I hope it doesn't because far be it for me to want to bring negativity to a show of mutual support but I just wanted to get this off my chest a bit and hopefully my message gets across how I'd like it too!

Of course, if not clear, my heart goes out to everyone affected, and the city of Boston. I really hope things get back to normal there and they figure out who did this and why and I know the city will recover and maybe in some way be stronger for this.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Another Bruins fan coming by to say thank you for your kindness and support.

It means more than you know.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It's just a game.

People >>> Sports team (...cue the obligatory AINEC)

I can root for a team, but there's no way it will make me hate people from an other fan base. Everything bad I may write about other fans is, at worst, just a tease.

Best recovery wishes to you guys in Boston.

Analyzer*

IMO the rivalry should only be on the ice.

In the end, we're all on the same team.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Hope you don't have to go through what the FBI did during TWA 800 in NY. Good luck is all I can say. Sorry for your loss, I know this means nothing, but it is all I got. :cry:.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Yeah, we hate the Bruins but a lot of Quebecers love Boston. Great cultural and historical city, not far from Montreal. These two cities have more in common with each others than with most other big cities in North America.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I've always wanted to visit Boston - never have. One day, I hope I will be able to do so. I did visit NYC though; three to weeks to the day before the attacks, and for me, this brought back a lot of the same feelings I felt back then. This is a horrendous and pointless act and it sickens and saddens me that humans are capable of such things.

As much as I dislike (yet secretly wish the Habs played the way the Bruins do!) the Bruins - I really wanted to offer my condolences and hopefully do some sort of good for the people of that city.

After all, Boston has the coolest accent in all of North America!

I still hate Chara, though. And Lucic. And Neely. And Julien.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
One of the reasons I visit the Bruins board so often is for the great writing and smart, interesting people who hang out there. It's my pleasure to offer support and friendship to all you guys I've come to 'know' - the Dads, Moms, friends, relatives, husbands and wives behind the hockey fan avatars.

May our our hockey disagreement be a long, healthy and happy one.

habsfantoronto

Ducks GM
Oct 5, 2006
I used to spend my summer in Salem and spent a lot of time in Boston as a kid. Part of my family is from there. I feel sick that some evil ***** are terrorizing such a beautiful city filled with so many wonderful people.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Despite the rivalry and the fact that I hate the Bruins, I'd like to say that Boston is a great city. Been there a lot of time and I have nothing but nice things to say about Bostonians. Hope you guys stay safe and that it ends soon.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for all of the support.

It does really help when you are feeling low.

I know we will get back to hating each other again (as it can be fun ;)) but your kind words and wishes for Boston really warms my heart and it means so much.

Thanks again :heart:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Agreed, even though the hate is there because of the history and rivalry has been around for so long, the respect for your team and fans will always be there.

I have so many buddies that are Habs fans here in B.C. and we are always chirping each other, but I would not have it any other way.

I still would rather watch a Bruins/Habs game/playoff game than any other match up in the NHL.

Kudos to you guys, good luck in the playoffs.

Wooo BC! Love ripping on buddies who are Bruins fans, and it goes both ways.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Boston

Love to "hate" the Bruins but in times of uncertainty like this we all as humans extend our compassion to the innocent.I have never been to Boston but i visited Massachu setts many times.They are great people,stay strong.

We are all connected.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Glad you caught those two law-breakers who terrorized your great community.

On a side personal note- I seriously doubt either man will enter through some pearly gates with 73 virgins waiting for them. I hope all the innocent deceased sure walk through those gates, and I hope the injured heal on all levels. My heart goes out to you during your suffering.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
On a side personal note- I seriously doubt either man will enter through some pearly gates with 73 virgins waiting for them.

Where did that extra virgin come from?? Seriously, with all the sh** going on recently, they're gonna run out of them quite soon...

On a more serious note, good news they caught the guy. Stay strong Boston.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think its an absolute travesty what happened to your city and its time like this that show beneath the rivalry we are all humans.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Where did that extra virgin come from?? Seriously, with all the sh** going on recently, they're gonna run out of them quite soon...

On a more serious note, good news they caught the guy. Stay strong Boston.

ooops. I guess I got that wrong. Sorry. :bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad