Post-Game Talk: Thank You Based Drai

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'll take the conversation to where it started. You already gave your condescending two cents and now don't want any part of the discussion you butted in on. It's fine. It was a simple point I made about Nurse's contract, you thought differently and were proven wrong. Move on now, but don't think I won't reply to people trying to rip on my arguments with dumb arguments.
You didn’t prove anyone wrong.

Your opinion that he would of signed a long term at 4m per year is not a fact.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Liked what I saw from Burdasov... his pro experience really shows. Smart positioning, good passes, decent speed, and of course a pretty nice shot. Hopefully he keeps showing well.

Nygard also had a good game.

Thanks for this, was coming to ask how Burdasov looked.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m glad you were in the room talking contracts with them

K. Now say this to every single discussion on every single Trade/Signings thread on every team forum. See how far your super smart observation that no one can possibly ever know or speculate on what type of contract could be signed by a player depending on his current level of play. Your argument is just dumb, so I'm done with your pointless premise that hockey fans have zero way of knowing what type of contract a player might sign.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You didn’t prove anyone wrong.

Your opinion that he would of signed a long term at 4m per year is not a fact.
Would Brandon Manning sign a 8Mx8year contract extension right now? I say he would. But of course... ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE! Who knows if Brandon Manning even LIKES money! AMIRITE?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm no Manning fan... at all... but I think chances of him being that #7 dman on the roster are rising.

Bouchard/Lagesson didn't stand out that strongly.

Bear/Bouchard/Persson... only 1 likely makes it out of those 3 and it'll probably be Persson.

Bad thing about Manning is he takes up a lot of cap space.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
K. Now say this to every single discussion on every single Trade/Signings thread on every team forum. See how far your super smart observation that no one can possibly ever know or speculate on what type of contract could be signed by a player depending on his current level of play. Your argument is just dumb, so I'm done with your pointless premise that hockey fans have zero way of knowing what type of contract a player might sign.
I have no problem when you stating the 4m a year, you’re in here passing it along like it’s a fact he would of signed for that.

You don’t know, I don’t know.

You don’t seem to understand that.

Instead you just call my argument dumb cause I call you out on presenting your opinion like it’s a fact.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
All I wanted to see out of this game was some healthy competition develop and I think we have that with Nygard, Burdasov and Jurco. Gagner isn't relinquishing that 2nd line spot either so some interesting battles up front developing.
I really want to see more from Burdasov, I think there might be something there MIGHT.

The thing about Gags is that he's fine on the second line, just not on the same line with Neal. Not enough speed on that line. So while he looks decent enough he's likely going to find himself on a faster, offensive third line, which would be a good position for him. I'm guessing either Nygard or Burdasov find themselves on the second line with Nuge and Neal.

Reactions: McBooya42

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'll take the conversation to where it started. You already gave your condescending two cents and now don't want any part of the discussion you butted in on. It's fine. It was a simple point I made about Nurse's contract, you thought differently and were proven wrong. Move on now, but don't think I won't reply to people trying to rip on my arguments with dumb arguments.
:laugh: ah, got it big guy.

Not sure how you proved me wrong, but then again I haven't read much of what you've posted tonight since you went on your rant.

I just see paragraphs of nonsense from you on a thread that has nothing to do with Darnell and his contract situation.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Now I freely admit to watching as little of the Flames as possible, but I’m surprised that their fans view Kylington as being ‘like Subban’ and definitely ‘going to the HHOF’. I never noticed that about him. Anyone else?

Reactions: KYams17

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Now I freely admit to watching as little of the Flames as possible, but I’m surprised that their fans view Kylington as being ‘like Subban’ and definitely ‘going to the HHOF’. I never noticed that about him. Anyone else?

Kylington has terrible hockey IQ.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Bear is a more polished player than Bouchard right now. Bouch should start in the A. He will obviously play games at some point but he should start in Cali.

Agreed, I thought Bear has really shown he's put the work in to improve his defensive abilities. Just that much quicker, stronger, more consistent. Pretty impressed by him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have no problem when you stating the 4m a year, you’re in here passing it along like it’s a fact he would of signed for that.

You don’t know, I don’t know.

You don’t seem to understand that.

Instead you just call my argument dumb cause I call you out on presenting your opinion like it’s a fact.

Essentially I stated that we should have signed Nurse 4M/year long term during his down year in 2017. A number that many others who followed Nurse, and the team during THAT time thought was a reasonable contract if not a slight overpay and/or too early. Don't tell me I can't speculate on a VERY realistic contract cause of some concrete assertion that We can't speculate on anything cause "NO ONE KNOWSSSSSSS durrrrrrrrrr......"

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It's funny I was watching on the Oilers website and the quality was terrible, I went to a 3rd party streaming it and was the exact same Oiler's feed and the quality was 3 times better and I have no idea why.

I think the real problem with their streams in the NHL website bandwidth, imo, not the feed.. They don't have the bandwidth do have 2000+ watching their stream. Its kind of a joke.

They need to stream somewhere that can handle the load. 17 year old's can stably live stream to 10000 people or more easily. Its not the feed, its the access to the domain, sort of like an unintentional DDoS attack.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Same, I don't quite understand the Kylington hype from their fanbase.

Reactions: KYams17

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I will say it again Gagner will have a good season he always dooes in contract year
He plays hard no matter what his contract situation. Rob Brown singled him out in the post game show as one of the guys who was making plays all night. I’d be interested to see a shift chart but I can’t find one. Looked to me like Gagner was taking very short shifts tonight. Probably a smart move on his part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad