Confirmed with Link: Thank you and farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, well the time goes too fast in life so it feels sometimes for me. It was not meant like a negative remark of any sort - just the wheel of time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Attached is a picture of Old HFB from back in 2001. I'm on there--never before admitted to it because I was a toolbox and got banned--but I was that guy never 4 gotti. Stupid, lame, sophomoric, I know. I was still technically a teenager and I was an Italian kid from Long Island and I thought it was cool, LOL. In the picture, and if you went back and scroll down the page, you see some other good ones--LeServ, Evan, dedalus, DARTH SATHER who I believe still posts, SBOB and jas who obviously both still post here, SwedishRanger, etc. Going back that far is a surreal feeling. At that time there were like 100 posts per month, it was that old-school in-line message board format, 90's-era web design, etc. Gets me all nostalgic.

We made the switch to the new format in 2002, I came over, but didn't last long. I stayed away for a few years and came back during the lockout, as a "reformed" poster. Even became an admin! People can change! It's funny, because there were guys like Son of Steinbrenner who I used to HATE and just couldn't get along with, and eventually he became by buddy. Jon and I used to butt heads, but eventually came around on each other. Then there were guys like pasha, who were awful, came back as someone else, and were still awful. And all the other clowns we had over the years.

It's amazing how far this board, and its denizens, have come over the years. I often wonder where it will end up--will we switch to some crazy new format, compelling me to walk away completely? I don't know. It's been such a part of my daily routine for so long, it's hard to imagine myself as just real life 2k2, and not HF 2k2. Time will tell, I suppose.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 30
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Attached is a picture of Old HFB from back in 2001. I'm on there--never before admitted to it because I was a toolbox and got banned--but I was that guy never 4 gotti. Stupid, lame, sophomoric, I know. I was still technically a teenager and I was an Italian kid from Long Island and I thought it was cool, LOL. In the picture, and if you went back and scroll down the page, you see some other good ones--LeServ, Evan, dedalus, DARTH SATHER who I believe still posts, SBOB and jas who obviously both still post here, SwedishRanger, etc. Going back that far is a surreal feeling. At that time there were like 100 posts per month, it was that old-school in-line message board format, 90's-era web design, etc. Gets me all nostalgic.

We made the switch to the new format in 2002, I came over, but didn't last long. I stayed away for a few years and came back during the lockout, as a "reformed" poster. Even became an admin! People can change! It's funny, because there were guys like Son of Steinbrenner who I used to HATE and just couldn't get along with, and eventually he became by buddy. Jon and I used to butt heads, but eventually came around on each other. Then there were guys like pasha, who were awful, came back as someone else, and were still awful. And all the other clowns we had over the years.

It's amazing how far this board, and its denizens, have come over the years. I often wonder where it will end up--will we switch to some crazy new format, compelling me to walk away completely? I don't know. It's been such a part of my daily routine for so long, it's hard to imagine myself as just real life 2k2, and not HF 2k2. Time will tell, I suppose.

Oh my God. What an eyesore that was!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Back in my HF days we used to **** ourselves at the sight of a blue PM box.
What as a regular poster or as a mod? It was worse as a mod because you knew it was someone whom you had recently infracted, telling you how you were a worthless sack of shit who hated their life and job and just liked bullying other people on HF because if made you feel important. :laugh: Remember those? You had them more recently than me!

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
What as a regular poster or as a mod? It was worse as a mod because you knew it was someone whom you had recently infracted, telling you how you were a worthless sack of **** who hated their life and job and just liked bullying other people on HF because if made you feel important. :laugh: Remember those? You had them more recently than me!

"You're a worthless, spineless sack of shit. Words cannot convey the disdain and hatred I feel for you. I hope every waking moment of your life is filled with overwhelming agony and terror to match each and every transgression you have committed. The righteous paths of this life will sever your injustice and leave you gurgling and sputtering like the pathetic worm and scum that you are"

Me: Damn my library is really upset about this overdue book. I better go check HF now.

*Checks HF*

"lol ur gay"

Me: what the heck, KeithAucoinIsMyDad227 ???

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
"You're a worthless, spineless sack of ****. Words cannot convey the disdain and hatred I feel for you. I hope every waking moment of your life is filled with overwhelming agony and terror to match each and every transgression you have committed. The righteous paths of this life will sever your injustice and leave you gurgling and sputtering like the pathetic worm and scum that you are"

Me: Damn my library is really upset about this overdue book. I better go check HF now.

*Checks HF*

"lol ur gay"

Me: what the heck, KeithAucoinIsMyDad227 ???
If this platform truly had become Facebook, I'd be clicking the heart icon for this post.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
"You're a worthless, spineless sack of ****. Words cannot convey the disdain and hatred I feel for you. I hope every waking moment of your life is filled with overwhelming agony and terror to match each and every transgression you have committed. The righteous paths of this life will sever your injustice and leave you gurgling and sputtering like the pathetic worm and scum that you are"

You could have at least tried to make it sound not like you.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

Thats great. Too bad you cant view the posts themselves. I can see a thread where I am arguing with Laches about Manny Malhotra.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I never read the replies, I just deleted them. Dave may be the nicest mod ever, but BR may be the best mod ever, because he kept quittin/takin breaks and coming back. ;) I always wished BR'd change his user title though, because I think he may be a Doors/Jim Morrison fan, and I wanted use that that word in my user title as a Blues fan, but didn't want to copy him. I'm over it now. ;)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm still pissed that I was away for a few days and my join date says March 1, 2002.

It's trivial, but it's like a paper cut for my soul.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I'm still pissed that I was away for a few days and my join date says March 1, 2002. It's trivial, but it's like a paper cut for my soul.
C'mon dude. It's only one day and I'm sure you're the senior active Rangers fan in this whole forum.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
C'mon dude. It's only one day and I'm sure you're the senior active Rangers fan in this whole forum.
I believe that SBOB, jas, True Blue, Bluenote13 (if still active :(), and Jonthan all have the 2/27/2002 date. I know there are a few more who still post here, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. I had it, too, until...things happened, LOL. :laugh:

Edge just blew it.

If we're talking about the "senior" in "seniority", I have a few guesses who on this board is actually the oldest, but out of respect for my elders, I'm not gonna go running off names.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I believe that SBOB, jas, True Blue, Bluenote13 (if still active :(), and Jonthan all have the 2/27/2002 date. I know there are a few more who still post here, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. I had it, too, until...things happened, LOL. :laugh:

Edge just blew it.

If we're talking about the "senior" in "seniority", I have a few guesses who on this board is actually the oldest, but out of respect for my elders, I'm not gonna go running off names.
99% sure Sarge13 is Bluenote, I knew as soon as he used the :propeller smiley

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Edge just blew it.

Completely blew it, and I get to stare at my shame every time I sign on.

I started writing for HockeysFuture.com in late 1997. I was not the most active message board poster, but was on there. I can't remember when the boards came online and who was here from those early days --- it all blends together.

As for the actual oldest, I'm not entirely sure.

I also have a hard time keeping up with names.

There are people I could be talking with on here, that I've talked with for years, but I don't make the connection to former names.

I've had the same handle for more than 20 years, and the avatar for a really long time. Every few years when we lose things, I re-create it in Photoshop. I don't think it would be the same if I didn't use it.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Here's one thing I've always wondered about. Is the Rangers board more the establishment (Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers) and the Islanders board more the rebels (Mets, Jets, Nets, Islanders)? Thanks!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
99% sure Sarge13 is Bluenote, I knew as soon as he used the :propeller smiley
That could be, particularly because of the twirly hat. That has always been Bluenote's thing.

On that note, who the hell are you? :laugh: I can't tell who is who anymore since you can't just hover over a name to see who people were previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad