Post-Game Talk: Thank Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It’s amazing how easy it is for defenders to stop him when he chases his useless dump in’s. A man that large should be able to run over guys. So soft!

Get Gauthier off this team.

No fire. No Compete. No physicality. Dude isn't playoff-caliber.

We already have a soft top 9 as it is. We dont need a soft 4th line C.

Get a more Physical 4th line Player Dubas

Reactions: Kurtz

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Leafs handily won the possession battle, the xG battle, the special teams battle, the rush chance battle... and yet all I'm reading is how lucky they are to have won, all thanks to Hutch. He was great, but so was Anderson. Leafs deserved the win, and they did.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
whats a legitimate rebuild? what edmonton did or what buffalo did?

Maybe what Pittsburgh and Chicago did? Just because Edmonton fails a rebuild for 10 years doesn’t mean rebuilds are pointless. We rushed ours because we had to BUT we still rushed it, look at our blue line for proof.

Mar 26, 2010
I'll give Keefe credit for the gamble of playing 4f on the last powerplay. Although, I'm not sure Marner is less defensively responsible than Barrie.
Barrie is terrible. Much better to have Marner out on the ice.

Reactions: Duffman955

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Hutch finding his confidence gives Dubas much more leverage if he decides to pursue a backup.

He’s not desperate anymore, and other GM’s will know.

All in all a fine time for Hutch to have a renaissance.....

Reactions: draeko17

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Get Gauthier off this team.

No fire. No Compete. No physicality. Dude isn't playoff-caliber.

We already have a soft top 9 as it is. We dont need a soft 4th line C.

Get a more Physical 4th line Player Dubas

For a guy who starts 77% of his shifts in the defensive zone, who doesn't get outscored when on the ice, and has a $675K cap hit on a team that is strapped, I'm hard pressed to think of an upgrade who'd cost the same or marginally less/more. Every other team in the Atlantic has a more expensive 4C. I'd love me some Goat, and surely see that some more physical play from him would be lovely, but the fact remains we have to accept what we can afford, and Freddy G is not killing us at his cost.

Sundin92

Jan 25, 2020
Wasn't pretty but they got the job done. 3 in a row gives them a bit more leeway.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe what Pittsburgh and Chicago did? Just because Edmonton fails a rebuild for 10 years doesn’t mean rebuilds are pointless. We rushed ours because we had to BUT we still rushed it, look at our blue line for proof.
How did pittsburgh do a proper rebuold that involved a dman drafted top 15 like Chabot? Hell even Keith was a second round pick from before they actually started tanking....

Reactions: CincoHolio

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
It's just a gut feeling, but I trust Hutcht more than Andy lately. Kind of relief to know he was starting.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Hutch is good
the team plays good hockey in front of him and they know Hutch gonna bail them out

Barrie so bad so bad
i had enough of Jake but Barrie
not good

kapanen is so trash tho
i dont like that i hear more about his off ice shit than his goalscoring etc
he looks disinterested and lost
no good vibes with him
none

i loved when Keefe sent out the big4
nice
i love Keefe

Status