Post-Game Talk: Thank Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Signing Marleau or acquiring Boyle seemed like an unnecessary move based on greed and going for the kill too early
Signing a top-6 forward is not "going for the kill", and spending a 2nd on an asset that fills a significant weakness to make the playoffs when your core is exceeding all expectations is 100% the correct move.
Lots of us felt like the team was not a legit enough contender to make that move at that time.
Lots of people feel like the team will never be a legit contender until they are the best team in the league, by far, by going 82-0, with absolutely zero weaknesses or holes. That's not realistic.
Chicago and Pittsburgh were ahead in their rebuild
Not really.
I know you have some sort of chip on your shoulder and always want to be right on hfboards but most things aren't black and white.
Can't help the fact that I'm right. I consistently emphasize that things aren't black and white. Not sure why you you are trying to represent it as such.
Marleau was signed and Boyle was acquired both in hopes of pushing the team over the top.
No, those moves weren't made with the idea that they'd bring us the cup. That is not the only reason to make moves like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad