Post-Game Talk: Thank Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Don't worry, it's Sandin

No chance. Far too light to be a monster in his own end like Chabot is. Love me some Sandin for what he is but Chabot is going to be 6'2, 200lbs and the ideal size to be dominant at both ends of the ice. Sandin is awesome, but he's 5'11 at best and doesn't bring the strength in all three zones that Chabot does, IMO.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Ceci sucks.

At least spezza showed up the rest of the team didn't bother to show up tI'll the 3rd

Reactions: rubous

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
One of the worst games we have played this season save for the last 5 minutes of the third.

Not sure what is wrong and I want to give Matty, Nylander and Marner some leeway as they've been dynamite recently but Tavares is just a Hyman level player this season. I would argue Hyman has been more impactful than JT overall.

John Tavares has 41 points in 44 games.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
The Tavares hate is hilarious to me. Can we wait for Tavares to have fewer than 70 points in a season before we start talking about him being washed? Dude had two more good scoring chances tonight and hit the post on one of them.

Strip both his linemates from him, including one of the finest facilitating wingers in the world and his pace slips 10 points... End of the free world lol

Last edited:

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
#clutchhutch

Dude was solid.

Huuuuuuge 2 points tonight. I understand it's hard to get up for these games.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
No chance. Far too light to be a monster in his own end like Chabot is. Love me some Sandin for what he is but Chabot is going to be 6'2, 200lbs and the ideal size to be dominant at both ends of the ice. Sandin is awesome, but he's 5'11 at best and doesn't bring the strength in all three zones that Chabot does, IMO.

Sandin is 5'11" 183lbs while Chabot is 6'2, 190lbs. Do you really think 3" and 7lbs is enough to be a difference maker over skill and hockey IQ? Sandin is also younger and likely to be 190+ when he is Chabot's age (could also go through a late growth spurt and gain another inch or 2 in height, although it is unlikely - growth ceases at 21 or earlier typically).

Now I'm not betting against Chabot, just speaking to your point on sizes. Chabot is a fantastic player, but I don't think his size has anything to do with it. He would be a similar talent to what he was now if he was Sandin's size (and everything else remained the same) IMO

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
How have I not heard of this yet?

EERuum8XkAAMlSy

Reactions: Eric bungay

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
The Tavares hate is hilarious to me. Can we wait for Tavares to have fewer than 70 points in a season before we start talking about him being washed? Dude had two more good scoring chances tonight and got the post on of one them.

It’s the 2nd year of an $11mil AAV contract and he’s clearly a step behind this season for whatever reasons. These reactions are to be expected. We know he’s capable of much more.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's 3 (or 4?) straight for him.

It is and that's great but when you were as bad as he was trust takes time to earn.

That said 2 more games like that, get his save% above 910 I think opinions start changing.

But we aren't there quite yet, Especially since 3 of his wins are Detroit, NJ and Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad