Tha Third 2019 Canucks Offseason Rumours/Trades Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
looks like a single source used by four different talking heads got caught out there jumping the gun. whoever it was is close but not in the room. maybe someone getting updates who merged multiple updates together, not realizing the goalposts had moved in between them.

In relation to the 3 years or the 4 years?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
In relation to the 3 years or the 4 years?

friedman, gaffar, and pagnotta all tweeted at 2:34pm there was a 3 year deal, and our own canucksfan75 then confirmed it a moment later. dhaliwal tweeted a "maybe 4" correction at 2:49, and friedman made the same correction an hour later.

dhaliwal quoted stowe earlier in the day and notoriously talks to the agents.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
i'd sooner take lucic and get paid for it. perry's going to get enough offers to get a two year deal i think, although i have no idea how much cash.

I think we could at least give it a shot, cheap 2 year deal or something. If we don't get him, no big deal.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks seem to be linked to quite a few forwards. Zucker, Hoffman, etc.

If Benning just takes the Best players available in the draft and can pickup a top 6 winger without spending crazy assets the Nucks will be in decent shape. Need Defense but that can be worked on.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Canucks seem to be linked to quite a few forwards. Zucker, Hoffman, etc.

If Benning just takes the Best players available in the draft and can pickup a top 6 winger without spending crazy assets the Nucks will be in decent shape. Need Defense but that can be worked on.

Hoffman a year away from FA and turns 30 in November wouldn't be great for the state of our team. Guy like Zucker would be a good fit I just dont think we have the pieces to acquire without hampering the team.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Hoffman a year away from FA and turns 30 in November wouldn't be great for the state of our team. Guy like Zucker would be a good fit I just dont think we have the pieces to acquire without hampering the team.

Oddly the Wild look like a team who could use Zucker...

Reactions: timw33

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well if it’s 4 years then hopefully we can off load him to Seattle (or trade him prior to expansion draft). Maybe have one of those behind the scenes hand shake “if you take Edler you can also have ____”, type scenarios.

Despite what some people think about Seattle being close enough to Vancouver that Edler would be fine with it, a 450km return trip is not a daily commute, Edler would have to move his family to Seattle.

I can see Edler saying "I'll retire if Seattle drafts me." and meaning it. Seattle would have to be incredibly ballsy to draft a 35 to Dman threatening to retire - they could walk away with nothing. Something like that takes Edler completely of the table as far as Seattle is concerned.

I guess we will know more about the thinking when the numbers are released, a heavily front loaded deal is more like to see Edler in a position to quit as he has most of the contract money already.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
From Pierre Lebrun

— The Leafs and Canucks had a chat about Chris Tanev earlier this season, before the trade deadline. I’m not sure it went very far at the time. But I wonder if Vancouver does decide to get more serious about Nikita Zaitsev if those two names can’t be connected together in a larger package? I think Vancouver is aiming higher for its RHD, perhaps pending UFA Tyler Myers, or maybe a trade for Tyson Barrie? All I know is that Canucks GM Jim Benning is furiously working the phones looking for that on the right side of his defence.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
hqdefault.jpg

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
From Pierre Lebrun

— The Leafs and Canucks had a chat about Chris Tanev earlier this season, before the trade deadline. I’m not sure it went very far at the time. But I wonder if Vancouver does decide to get more serious about Nikita Zaitsev if those two names can’t be connected together in a larger package? I think Vancouver is aiming higher for its RHD, perhaps pending UFA Tyler Myers, or maybe a trade for Tyson Barrie? All I know is that Canucks GM Jim Benning is furiously working the phones looking for that on the right side of his defence.
yes one with Kapanens name attached to it

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I get the feeling that we are going to trade Chris Tanev and he's going to win a Stanley Cup

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I would doubt that very much. Edler merely gets us back to the same junk-ass D we had last year. I can’t imagine Benning is willing to gamble his employment on just Quinn Hughes replacing Derek Pouliot.

If it’s me, I still try and sign BOTH Gardiner and Myers even with an Edler signing. The Canucks can then trade Hutton for a draft pick to clear cap space.

Tanev and Stecher get moved once 2 of Juolevi/Woo/Tryamkin are ready to join the big club. Th odd man out here can be used to possibly trade for a forward or a pick in the future (or, can possibly join when Edler leaves in three years).

Edler-Stecher
Gardiner-Myers
Hughes-Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad