Tha Third 2019 Canucks Offseason Rumours/Trades Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Much prefer 8mil x 7 than 7mil x 4 or 5 for Boeser.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It’s funny to see the amount of ppl who are disgusted at the idea of paying Gardiner 7m for 7 years but are happy to sign Edler at 6m for 3 years.

One is still in his prime and the other is declining.

Numbers don’t lie, Jake Gardiner is a great possession player

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
There was a post in the last thread about protecting stetcher and Juloevi but nothing Juloevi has done right now would make we want to protect him over Jake even.

So I don’t think he’s a consideration for us to protect

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
There was a post in the last thread about protecting stetcher and Juloevi but nothing Juloevi has done right now would make we want to protect him over Jake even.

So I don’t think he’s a consideration for us to protect

I welcome the day we have to worry about who we lose in the ED. Can’t be worse than being relieved Vegas actually took our overpaid junk.

Reactions: m9

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I think we can forget about the the Gardner rumours now

I would doubt that very much. Edler merely gets us back to the same junk-ass D we had last year. I can’t imagine Benning is willing to gamble his employment on just Quinn Hughes replacing Derek Pouliot.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Just Cause we need one more thing to think about.

I would imagine he will take the latter option if it's available but oh boy would it be fun if he retired.

Reactions: Zombotron

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just Cause we need one more thing to think about.

I would imagine he will take the latter option if it's available but oh boy would it be fun if he retired.

How can he have a choice between play or ltir? Either you are injured or you are not?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
edler

they have hutton, hughes, juolevi, brisebois, sautner for depth.

something has to give before they sign a guy to 7x7 on the left side. my guess is juolevi is on the block as it is.

Forget depth, is there a passable top 4 among that group? As in, a realistic chance to grab a WC spot?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Forget depth, is there a passable top 4 among that group? As in, a realistic chance to grab a WC spot?

hutton has played in the world championships, and hughes played in them the last two years. juolevi was invited to the wc camp two seasons ago but was cut. he was obviously hurt this year.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
edler

they have hutton, hughes, juolevi, brisebois, sautner for depth.

something has to give before they sign a guy to 7x7 on the left side. my guess is juolevi is on the block as it is.

7x7 is said to be the 'starting price' for Gardiner. Now with free agency specifically I tend to lean pessimistic and over estimate contracts, but for the Canucks to land Gardiner we're likely going to need to outbid everyone else so I would assume a Jeff Skinner contract, 7x9, to get it done.

Reactions: TruGr1t

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
hutton has played in the world championships, and hughes played in them the last two years. juolevi was invited to the wc camp two seasons ago but was cut. he was obviously hurt this year.

Right but i’ve watched Hutton play even more games in the NHL and he’s generally not been a passable top 4 D. Hughes is cool though will suffer some rookie ups and downs. I have no idea what to say to you about Juolevi, but the guy is currently not a passable top 4 AHL D let alone NHL D.

So I’m guessing no, we probably aren’t done chasing a big name D this off season.

Edit: Aaah, that was a World Championship = WC / Wild Card = WC pun. Missed it then, got it now. I’ll get you next time Gadget, next time.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
yeah, i just don't see how they have room to add a left hand dman on a big longterm deal unless they move on from hutton and juolevi.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
yeah, i just don't see how they have room to add a left hand dman on a big longterm deal unless they move on from hutton and juolevi.

Hutton yes, but i don’t see how that’s an impediment.

Juolevi i don’t see as much of a factor at the present time, any more than Jet Woo is a factor for our RHD.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Edit: Aaah, that was a World Championship = WC / Wild Card = WC pun. Missed it then, got it now. I’ll get you next time Gadget, next time.

no pun. i though you meant world championship and were suggesting the benchmark for being a top 4 dman is that you would be invited to a world championship.

Reactions: CanaFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad