GDT: Terror Lake Red Wings vs. Springfield Flames

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Duhhhh, when we win against a backup it's because we played a backup.

When we lose with our backup our team has no effort or compete level and should be burned to the ground.

amirite TylerSVT?

Piskula 4 Prez.

Piskula is love. Piskula is life.

TylerSVT*

We lose just as bad with Kipper, his numbers are dismal so far this year.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
We lose just as bad with Kipper, his numbers are dismal so far this year.

Again with numbers determining the play of a goaltender. I can only think of two games he's played where he cost us the game, and I can think of several games we won because of him, then there are the games where we won and lost as a team. Numbers are only a slight representation of the actual play of a goaltender. If you only look at his numbers he hasn't actually been that good for a good chunk of his career, but those that watch him, and I mean actually watch HIM play, can tell you that almost every night he brings it, and if you want to score you have to BEAT him, very rarely will you get a weak-mediocre one by him, and because of that, he gives us a chance to win every single night. It's too bad his best years were wasted on an abysmal team.

arsmaster*

Any of you guys have a youtube of that horrendous call on Glencross last night?

I think it was for boarding on Smith, where Smith looked up saw him coming and turned at the last second.

Not a flames fan by any stretch, but that play right there, and why it was called a penalty is exactly what is wrong with the NHL today.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona

I think it was for boarding on Smith, where Smith looked up saw him coming and turned at the last second.

Not a flames fan by any stretch, but that play right there, and why it was called a penalty is exactly what is wrong with the NHL today.

BS call. Said it in this thread already. Smith slammed his own face into the boards. If he just takes the hit there's no problem.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
We have played almost every teams backup as well...

Our record really flatters us. Going against Gustavsson and Bachman doesnt exactly make us a great team.

Considering that Nashville is in Vancouver tonight we could very well see the backup again tommorow.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Meh, the right call was made - any way you slice it, that hit was illegal. Glencross didn't have to plow him into the boards. And it was only a two minute minor.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Meh, the right call was made - any way you slice it, that hit was illegal. Glencross didn't have to plow him into the boards. And it was only a two minute minor.
Hitting in itself is not illegal(well these types of penalites may call that fact into question). Smith turns away towards the boards and Glencross has no way to stop in time. It's an accident, nothing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad