GDT: Terror Lake Red Wings vs. Springfield Flames

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Sick move by Backs. He should have made a few dekes or faked to get Gustav to bite one way.

Good to see the confidence though

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Haha, can't joke around like that with this management team. They're capable of pretty much anything at any time.

crunchyblack*

Im sorry that you guys won, now youre buyers again.

Edit: read the above posts, so let me reiterate my sarcasim. (the sadness is genuine :P)

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'm happy we won on home ice.

I'm also a bit disappointed we won. I disgust myself. So if I learned anything: Good things happen when TSN covers our games. We win games against Detroit. We win games against Dallas.

So, if we played against Dallas and Detroit more, we would be in the playoffs?

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm just going to enjoy the ride now I think.. I've turned a corner, last la game, I can honestly say it didn't piss me off at all, I go in with no expectations now. Seems to work so far.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm not even going to lie, when Detroit tied it up, I was like, there we are, back to Calgary hockey! Top 5 pick, here we come baby.
Then we took the lead and sealed it, actually made me sad.

Detroit's defense is horrid, their goaltending has been questionable for a while now; I hope Calgary management doesn't get a massive hard on with this win, it's not like they just beat the 2006-09 Red Wings; they beat a shell of a team in Detroit, while proved in the past week they have no ability to play against top tier teams in the NHL.

Good win, but I'd rather see losses pile up at this point of time.

Also, Cervenka will probably be KHL bound after this year? Everyone agree?
Also the third line was pretty fantastic, probably the most consistent line this year; even playing against other teams top lines. I feel there's no point in having Jackman and Big Ern in the lineup every game. Would rather have Jones up.

Backlund's really making me happy, him and Brodie give me some faith going forward. Brodie seems more capable against top lines than Gio; which is sad.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
581586_378444695532651_1598333620_n.jpg

TylerSVT*

Not a surprising win, Gustavsson was horrible, and detroit looked really out of it and disinterested all game.

I wonder if its possible for us to beat a top team when they are NOT playing their backup? Seems like its all we have faced since Jan.

MonahanTHEMoneyMan

Mar 21, 2012
Calgary
start a petition... actually if we are buyers come this trade deadline(except for younger talent) we should show the management that fools me once..twice..idiocracy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad