Injury Report: Teravainen diagnosed with a concussion

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So what are we talking? Another week? Two? Be nice to see what a full lineup looks like for once this season.

No clue, concussions are tough to gauge. He could be back in a week or he could not play again this year... All depends on how he progresses through the stages of the protocol and my understanding is that at pretty much any time and seemingly randomly he could take a step back in the recovery process. Just gotta bring him along slowly and hope he fully recovers. Does anyone know if he's had any history of concussions before, at Chicago, here or elsewhere?

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm not sure we'll see a fully armed and operational battle station with turbo this year; thats why I'm more of the mind that we need to go fishing for forward help, not defense. But resistance is futile and all so we'll see what the borg does

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not sure we'll see a fully armed and operational battle station with turbo this year; thats why I'm more of the mind that we need to go fishing for forward help, not defense. But resistance is futile and all so we'll see what the borg does
oJ59jnL.gif

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I hope they're extremely cautious in bringing him back. The immediate reward of an earlier return doesn't come close to the longer term risk of losing him for good for the rest of the season including playoffs. Having said that, I'm sure that's the case; the Borg seems pretty sharp.

If anything I would bet he's well passed feeling 100%. They didn't really need him so he's had the luxury to take plenty of time to recover. That being said I'm sure Rod won't put him on the top line playing 18 minutes a night for a while.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If anything I would bet he's well passed feeling 100%. They didn't really need him so he's had the luxury to take plenty of time to recover. That being said I'm sure Rod won't put him on the top line playing 18 minutes a night for a while.

Yeah, don't think I agree with this. Bad concussions are a bitch and take a long time. I'm sure Turbo would rather be playing and would be pushing to play the second he's ready.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Yeah, don't think I agree with this. Bad concussions are a bitch and take a long time. I'm sure Turbo would rather be playing and would be pushing to play the second he's ready.

Maybe. Maybe not. Concussions can be a bitch, yes. Psychologically too. He obviously had some complications or he would have been back sooner. I'm just saying he certainly wouldn't have felt pressured to come back early based on the Hurricanes performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad