GDT: Temporary Hawks vs Jets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
If I was JC I would want two defensively responsible forwards on every line because the defense is slow and bad. It’s not like they have two stud defensemen to cover a Cat-Strome-Kane line.

The problem with trying to put two responsible forwards is they don’t have them on the roster.

Toews
Saad
Shaw
Cags
Kampf
Carpenter

they rest can’t be trusted in their own zone.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Exactly which team that went anywhere in the past decade had 6 top 6'ers all over 30 regular season goals?

Here, how many of the cup Champs in the past 10 years had THREE or more top 6'ers over 30 goals in the regular season?

Your assertion that our problem is lack of goals in the top 6 is ridiculous.
That’s just bs rhetoric to hide the fact that you didn’t answer the question. If Kane, Toews, Cat and Strome have lesser years this year, the Hawks will have to get production from somewhere else.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
That’s just bs rhetoric to hide the fact that you didn’t answer the question. If Kane, Toews, Cat and Strome have lesser years this year, the Hawks will have to get production from somewhere else.

Nonsense. Our biggest problem last years was goals against, the reason Toews/Kane had career years was because this team played from behind run & gun no-checking hockey for weeks at a time.

Now, can you show me where in the NHL you need a top 6 of all 30 goal scorers to be a great team?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So guys where's big bad Buff? did he pull an Andrew Luck?
nobody is sure, what is being said is he needs time to think things over...possible retirement which would crush the Jets...but him keeping the Jets on hold still has them paying his cap hit, pretty much can't do shit one way or another until he decides what he wants to do.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We didn’t get to see any of the game but were watching the score while we were out. When we seen the 2-0 lead I asked my wife if she thought we would hold it. With most teams you feel good with a 2 goal lead, not the Hawks. We both thought the Jets would come back and tie it and of course happened. How many times have the Blackhawks blown a 2 goal lead the past 2 plus seasons? It seems like almost every friggin time. Lack of focus, lack of discipline.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
We didn’t get to see any of the game but were watching the score while we were out. When we seen the 2-0 lead I asked my wife if she thought we would hold it. With most teams you feel good with a 2 goal lead, not the Hawks. We both thought the Jets would come back and tie it and of course happened. How many times have the Blackhawks blown a 2 goal lead the past 2 plus seasons? It seems like almost every friggin time. Lack of focus, lack of discipline.
The defense is awful. That is why they keep giving up leads.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
We gave up 2 goals in 60 minutes. 1 of which was a clear miscommunication between DeHaan & Toews. The defense ain't elite, but even the best defense can be hung out to dry by non-existent forward play.

Of a possible 6 points to start the year, Blackhawks manage 1. Already getting buried in the standings...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Of a possible 6 points to start the year, Blackhawks manage 1. Already getting buried in the standings...

upload_2019-10-12_23-7-33.gif

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Damn did that Kampf line fall back down to earth. Hopefully Dach can steal that 3C spot in a week or two, thus pushing Kampf to 4C and one of Smith/Carpenter outta the lineup.
It should be Smith getting benched. I don't even care about Perlini at this point. It's pretty obvious he's not going to do anything here. Either trade him for someone like Ho-Sang who has cleared waivers already or just waive him.

Reactions: BrianE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad