GDT: Temporary Hawks vs Jets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Had a wedding to go to and just finished the game. Love lehner and he's clearly the 1a, if not 1 all by himself. de haan was awesome out there and the Blackhawks looked like a playoff team for most of the game. Skimmed the thread and the hot takes were blazing hot, but this game was huge for my personal opinion on this season.

It's a damn shame they lost because this may have been one of the best team defensive performances by the team over the last several years.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
0-3, huh?
tenor.gif

this is an accumulation of last 2+ seasons.

"Blackhawks are who we thought they were...."

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
2 goals against in 60 minutes against the Jets is in shambles huh?

This is the real issue. The D had it's problems, but this Jets D is trash and a team this offense should be routinely putting up 3-4 goals on easily.

The Jets held these guys off the board for the final 48 minutes. That's atrocious against that level of defense, on the road no less.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Had a wedding to go to and just finished the game. Love lehner and he's clearly the 1a, if not 1 all by himself. de haan was awesome out there and the Blackhawks looked like a playoff team for most of the game. Skimmed the thread and the hot takes were blazing hot, but this game was huge for my personal opinion on this season.

It's a damn shame they lost because this may have been one of the best team defensive performances by the team over the last several years.

Yeah.... for 20 minutes. Problem is a hockey game is 60 minutes long.

When we see Kane dogging it like he has been doing he is nothing more than a cancer to this team. His effort was pathetic again. Oh wait he has 4 points in 3 games. :rolleyes:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That's not a bold prediction right now. I'd say it's pretty likely with the way things are going.
JC yes. I just don’t know if McD and the brass have the stones to do it.

Stan has made some nice moves (Vermette, etc) but we have to live in reality

The Hawks - one of the highest profile teams in the NHL has failed to make the playoffs last 2 seasons and was a first round exit including a sweep in the two prior. Based on what I’m seeing so far, the talent in the division and the West, this isn’t a playoff team. Sure an entire season to go, but missing 3 straight seasons should get everyone - even that little Polish massage therapist dude that Edzo loves to talk about - sent packing.

Reactions: BrianE

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
You shouldn't have. The best was yet to come: 4 points in 3 games.... who cares that he doesn't give a f****k.
3 of those points in first game. Had one of his signature disinterested games last night. We all love Kaner but we know he’s good for at least a dozen of those disinterested games each season. Last night was the first of them.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Nothing beats puck possession for the D to look good. Hawks show up for a period. Other team adjusts and that's the end of that.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Your hyperbole knows no bounds.
I disagree. Yes there are stars but you can’t deny the team has iced a bunch of borderline AHL nobodies over the last few seasons.

desjardins, Manning, Franson, et al.

Some show nice flashes but guys like Kampf, Smith, Carpenter, Perlini, etc. definition of just a guy.

If Connor Murphy is one of your standout D men, your D corps is not good.

it is what it is. A function of salary cap hell and aging stars with albatross contracts.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
they have lost all 3 games by 1 goal and haven't gotten diddly squat from their top offensive guys like Cat, Strome, Toews and Kane...no I am not stuck on anything besides the fact you simply do not watch these games...if you come away from today's game that this team is terrible, you simply did not watch the game...the second period sucked, but outside of that it was pretty damn even..also, the fact you continue to call Murphy a third pairing dman once again shows you do not watch these games..
A lot of NHL games are decided by one goal. Either way a loss is a loss.

it’s the manner in which they lost - 4 one goal leads blow at home. 2 goal lead blown at home. Bad D. Weak goaltending in the first two Terrible PK. Key offensive stars MIA.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
while every point is important 0-2-1 s not in shambles. Context is a thing. This team has been in every game so far and of Lehner plays over Crow the team is most likely 2-0-1.

To be clear, this team is far from perfect but this team is not close to being in shambles.
Does JC have the gonads to make Lehner the starter?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I disagree. Yes there are stars but you can’t deny the team has iced a bunch of borderline AHL nobodies over the last few seasons.

desjardins, Manning, Franson, et al.

Some show nice flashes but guys like Kampf, Smith, Carpenter, Perlini, etc. definition of just a guy.

If Connor Murphy is one of your standout D men, your D corps is not good.

it is what it is. A function of salary cap hell and aging stars with albatross contracts.

Murphy is a solid middle pairing D that can eat up dungeon deployment.

Desi was much better than Manning and Franson and did some really solid things during the playoffs.

Rest I agree with.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Does JC have the gonads to make Lehner the starter?

We have no idea but I think he does. Sitting Crow is much easier than sitting Seabs (this is not directed at you). Do I blame him for giving Crow the first two game? Nah not really but Lehner is clearly better right now and he should continue to ride him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A lot of NHL games are decided by one goal. Either way a loss is a loss.

it’s the manner in which they lost - 4 one goal leads blow at home. 2 goal lead blown at home. Bad D. Weak goaltending in the first two Terrible PK. Key offensive stars MIA.

I think is Lehner starts those game the team is 2-0-1.

Call me crazy but I think it is safe to assume our stars will get going sooner rather than later.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
while every point is important 0-2-1 s not in shambles. Context is a thing. This team has been in every game so far and of Lehner plays over Crow the team is most likely 2-0-1.

To be clear, this team is far from perfect but this team is not close to being in shambles.
They likely aren't 2-0-1 with Lehner instead. Last night was probably their best game so far as a team, and they still lost with Lehner in net.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I think is Lehner starts those game the team is 2-0-1.

Call me crazy but I think it is safe to assume our stars will get going sooner rather than later.
With thy I agree. 2 wins in first two with Lehner in net

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Crow let in 2-3 weak goals in the first game and was not good in the home opener either so it is more likely than you think. Crow has been really bad to start.
He wasn't as bad as people say he was, and Lehner let in 2 weak goals last night so who is to say he wouldn't have done the same in the first two games.

The team was awful in front of Crow, much like the 2nd period and OT last night. Luckily for Lehner his own guys didn't score on him too.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
They likely aren't 2-0-1 with Lehner instead. Last night was probably their best game so far as a team, and they still lost with Lehner in net.

At a minimum they win the Philly game with Lehner in net. San Jose is a toss up. That was a really long layoff with an overseas flight mixed in.

Reactions: sugoi88

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He wasn't as bad as people say he was, and Lehner let in 2 weak goals last night so who is to say he wouldn't have done the same in the first two games.

The team was awful in front of Crow, much like the 2nd period and OT last night. Luckily for Lehner his own guys didn't score on him too.

Lehner did not let in 2 weak goals. The OT goal was savable but not weak (but the only think close to weak).

Crow has been really bad. His rebound control has been trash and this really influences the game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lehner did not let in 2 weak goals. The OT goal was savable but not weak (but the only think close to weak).

Crow has been really bad. His rebound control has been trash and this really influences the game.
Lehner could have easily had goals 1 and 3. They were just as weak as a few of the weak goals Crow let in.

Crow wasn't close to real bad vs SJ, the team in front of him was, thankfully they improved a bit to help Lehner last night and didn't score on their own net to make it worse.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lehner could have easily had goals 1 and 3. They were just as weak as a few of the weak goals Crow let in.

Crow wasn't close to real bad vs SJ, the team in front of him was, thankfully they improved a bit to help Lehner last night and didn't score on their own net to make it worse.

No on goal 1. Not even remotely weak. Not a chance. I agree he should of had goal 3.

Crow has been bad and his 87.5% save percentage and terrible rebound control back that up.

Reactions: Pez68 and BrianE

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Apologists lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad