OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I don’t think Lowry was ever realistic. I think people just wanted it to be with the Philly connection.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Seems like they are shopping Tobi also. Latest report Rockets just declined a trade offer.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Clear space for Lillard and Leonard obviously.

That would be amazing even if a longshot although I saw the Leonard news yesterday. Clips GM though thinks Leonard is there for the long haul..

Moving out two suspect max contract players for legit superstars. Can't fault that logic.

Harris had a nice rebound under Doc but had his issues in the playoffs as well..although with more floor spacing and another legit shooter unlike Simmons ...would help Harris as much as Embiid. You just can't have a PG like Simmons on this team as it is constituted with Embiid as the focal point of the offense.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I was actually thinking of Nix if the Sixers had another 2nd. He was being looked at as like a bordering top-10 prospect for college out of high school prospect who then bypassed college and played 1 year in the G-league.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yep! Seems like they are cleaning ship. Seems like Mitch Laurence reported it on Sirius XM NBA Radio

Report: Rockets turned down trade with 76ers for Tobias Harris
Looks like this was a rumor from last years trade deadline and not current. I’m doubling down on the kings some how being involved with a trade with us. They have way to many guards going into the year.
Beal - sixers
Ben - Kings
Haliburton, hield and bagley - wizards

for those who haven’t seen haliburton play….dudes gonna be a stud.

hoping that happens.

Reactions: Jack Straw

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Looks like this was a rumor from last years trade deadline and not current. I’m doubling down on the kings some how being involved with a trade with us. They have way to many guards going into the year.
Beal - sixers
Ben - Kings

hoping that happens.

God I would hate ending up with Beal.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Beal - sixers
Ben - Kings

hoping that happens.

I've mentioned a couple times already how much I would like for the Sixers to end up with Haliburton somehow. He could be a good fit at either SG or SF. Can play PG too for that matter.

Reactions: SnS

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
God I would hate ending up with Beal.
Why? Only concern I had prior to this year was how his game would translate in the playoffs. Thought he was awesome against us.

I love haliburton, but I don’t think he makes sense on the sixers at this point in his career. While I think he takes the next step to stardom next year, it’s not a guarantee and the sixers can’t afford to gamble on a decision like that.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Why? Only concern I had prior to this year was how his game would translate in the playoffs. Thought he was awesome against us.

I love haliburton, but I don’t think he makes sense on the sixers at this point in his career. While I think he takes the next step to stardom next year, it’s not a guarantee and the sixers can’t afford to gamble on a decision like that.

I don’t think Beal is in the upper echelon.

I’d rather the assets to flip to another team.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I don’t think Beal is in the upper echelon.

I’d rather the assets to flip to another team.

hypothetically speaking, who exactly would you be targeting with said assets? I am also curious , what is your definition of an upper echelon player?

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with your assessment of beal. Dame would obviously be choice #1 for me, but beal is a close second and I believe would cost us less (no maxey in my hypothetical trade). His ability to space the floor for embiid, hit open shots, and create for himself would relieve a huge burden from this team. I also was impressed by his offball movement in the series, seemed like he was always in the right spot. His defense would be a huge step down from simmons but I thought he at least competed a lot more on D than I originally expected in the wizards series. Definitely a top 20 player for me.

just saw the korkmaz news. Makes sense, just hope he can be a bit more consistent this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce