OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Were Stil Doing It For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
At one point last week, I tried to figure out when the playoffs started. The Canucks still had to play ~6 Regular Season games after the playoffs started. Only the NHL.
I literally said "NHL HOCKEY" when I remarked how I was confused knowing the Oilers game I saw wasn't a playoff game despite the Bruins game 4 hours later was, indeed, a playoff game.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Let the real games begin!

So I tried to buy some Sixers paraphernalia .....T shirts that were all left in various styles and sizes was Simmons. It was common throughout the sports stores..lol. Wanted a Thybulle T....pretty rare...only size small like Mike Scott.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Let the real games begin!

So I tried to buy some Sixers paraphernalia .....T shirts that were all left in various styles and sizes was Simmons. It was common throughout the sports stores..lol. Wanted a Thybulle T....pretty rare...only size small like Mike Scott.

I got my Thybulle jersey, now I'm thinking I may have to get a Maxey jersey too. Maybe even a Curry jersey if only to have a jersey that says "Curry" on the back. :laugh:

Reactions: Embiid

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Nice game by Maxey. Unfortunately I have the feeling that he won’t be here long term. He is one of the last valuable pieces that the sixers could use in a trade to put them over the top

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We can handle both ....prefer Boston since their D is ass but of course it is always the Boston potential upset factor. Both teams are deplorable and Westbrook will cause me much anger..

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sixers will be nuts to trade Maxey or Thybelle, in a year both will be key pieces in a playoff rotation, and possibly starters.
The idea the more "Superstars" the better misses the point, there's only one basketball, you need people who do different things well.

And in 2-3 years, Maxey may be as good as any guard you can get for him, for a lot less money. He's already made big strides with his 3 point shot, learning to play point, and working hard on defense. It would be like giving up on the Greek Freak after his second season because his shooting needed work.

Green will leave unless he takes a paycut, Korkmaz is certainly trade bait (he seems to play better as a starter, good fit on a bad team that needs young talent), Milton as well (good scorer off the bench who's a 2 with limited defensive skills and average athleticism). So Morey has options

Joe, Reed and Tucker are good prospects to develop as cheap depth, they don't have enough value to use as trade bait.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Haven't followed the play in tournament..did not know about Boston vs the Nets......doubt Boston will upset. Wish the Sixers knew who they were playing so they can prep....

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I never had a problem with tanking even before the Process but the Play-In is a cool and entertaining, if small, mea culpa to those who do.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sixers vs Wizards, game 1 Sunday 1:00 pm

1920x1080_PLAYOFF%20RD%201%20SCHEDULE_VS%20WIZARDS%20%281%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad