OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: We'll Make You Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Dumbest duo in the league. And the concerning thing is they dont learn from mistakes.

Ben Simmons with a smaller man on him backpedaling at full speed 12 feet from the basket down 2.... passes to Al for a contested 3.
Jo with a guard on him sizes him up for 5 seconds allowing the double to come, dribbles to the perimeter and throws a blind pass which is picked off.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Dumbest duo in the league. And the concerning thing is they dont learn from mistakes.

Ben Simmons with a smaller man on him backpedaling at full speed 12 feet from the basket down 2.... passes to Al for a contested 3.
Jo with a guard on him sizes him up for 5 seconds allowing the double to come, dribbles to the perimeter and throws a blind pass which is picked off.
Still 2nd rate stars...don't know what coach though would push them to overcome their inability to take that big next step in their careers..

Reactions: Cody Webster

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Brown was a dotard against the zone...

Agree with some of the post game commentary...Miami has been leading the league in zone play past two seasons and Brown post game acted like the Heat coach pulled a magic rabbit out his ass...

Brown still seems to be learning on the job and adjusting after the fact and not within the game. As a result, Ben and JoJo look disengaged even more...

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Good 1st and 4th quarters, bad 2nd and 3rd. Oh well. I can’t blame Brown too much, the Sixers aren’t really built to beat a good zone defense, with their relative excess size and lack of outside shooting. One thing I do question though, seems like games like these where the team is struggling on offense are why you got Trey Burke. Why not use him?

Also, I think I’m pretty much over Mike Scott. He can shoot, sometimes, but if the shots aren’t falling he’s pretty much useless. Hopefully there is a trade possibility out there somewhere.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Good 1st and 4th quarters, bad 2nd and 3rd. Oh well. I can’t blame Brown too much, the Sixers aren’t really built to beat a good zone defense, with their relative excess size and lack of outside shooting. One thing I do question though, seems like games like these where the team is struggling on offense are why you got Trey Burke. Why not use him?

Also, I think I’m pretty much over Mike Scott. He can shoot, sometimes, but if the shots aren’t falling he’s pretty much useless. Hopefully there is a trade possibility out there somewhere.
Trey Burke is a theoretical concept. He should be scoring but he doesnt. He should make plays but he doesnt.
That and a cardboard cutout of Matisse would play better defense out on the floor than him.
Sixers dont need Trey Burke to beat zones. They need their PG and C to attack the soft areas as their talent and correct usage dictates.

Ben Simmons passing up open driving lanes to kick out for Mike Scott bricks.
Jo taking 3's 5 seconds into the shot clock.
Lackadasical defensive effort.
The same mistakes that burned them against Kawhi and the Raps last year.
Its gonna take the firing of the coach to wake them up.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Trey Burke is a theoretical concept. He should be scoring but he doesnt. He should make plays but he doesnt.
That and a cardboard cutout of Matisse would play better defense out on the floor than him.
Sixers dont need Trey Burke to beat zones. They need their PG and C to attack the soft areas as their talent and correct usage dictates.

agree with this passing and rotation beat zones not just outside shooters.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
jimmy butler was the actual adult on the team last year. ben and jojo have no one to ride heard on them, that they actually listen too, this year.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
jimmy butler was the actual adult on the team last year. ben and jojo have no one to ride heard on them, that they actually listen too, this year.

Butler left partly because of this....went from KAT and Wiggins to Embiid and Simmons ...not to mention Brown and thought .....still ain't it. Butler last night was totally dissing Simmons practically begging him to shoot and Simmons still was dishing the ball like it had a fuse....

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that Burke is the answer to all the Sixers problems or that he should be starting. And yes, the team will ultimately go as far Simmons and Embiid take them. But it's not likely that those two will wake up tomorrow and think "Dang! I've been doing it all wrong!" While they're figuring things out you might as well make use of what you have when the situation calls for it. So when the half court offense can't get out of its own way, a guy who is quick and can create his own shots, and is not a bad passer either, seems like a reasonable option.

I don't think Burke is as theoretical as you suggest (although I admit I like the concept). He's second on the team in O-rating per 100 poss (116). Defensively, sure, he's a liability but so are Korkmaz and Scott. He's averaging 15 pts per 36 min, which is 5th on the team. Also 5th in 3 pt pct (4th really since Simmons is a spot above him and we know that doesn't count). In a rotation of say- Simmons, Matisse, Horford, and Richardson/Harris, I think his defensive weakness could be mitigated.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
agree with this passing and rotation beat zones not just outside shooters.

Burke isn't really an outside shooter, although he's not bad at it. He's actually a good passer and probably the best ball handler on the team. He can facilitate ball and body movement, which is something that Brown has always preached but is not as good as it has been in the past. That's largely due to the increased reliance on Embiid, which is understandable, and the fact that without the ball Simmons is mostly useless outside the low post.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Im 20 mins into this Dennis Rodman documentary and its already one of the greatest things Ive ever watched :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland