OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: We'll Make You Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Nice bounceback from Jo,
though its much easier to work the post against this frontline as opposed to a team with legit talent (like the Raps). Thybulle's best game thus far.

I would say sit Simmons but his ego is so fragile that it might just make the problem worse.
The last 15 or so games is the worst Ive ever seen him play. Looks afraid of his own shadow out there.
Afraid of the jumpshot I'll buy, but afraid of the paint/rim after two years of excellent play there? Confusing.
Not to mention just playing an ugly floor game in general (no cutting, rotating away from the ball on offense, token fights for post position only to fade to the baseline, sloppy uncreative passing)

Send him to the same shrink they plan on sending Wentz to.
Either way, if he doesnt show a pulse on offense this team is not close to contending.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Nice bounceback from Jo,
though its much easier to work the post against this frontline as opposed to a team with legit talent (like the Raps). Thybulle's best game thus far.

I would say sit Simmons but his ego is so fragile that it might just make the problem worse.
The last 15 or so games is the worst Ive ever seen him play. Looks afraid of his own shadow out there.
Afraid of the jumpshot I'll buy, but afraid of the paint/rim after two years of excellent play there? Confusing.
Not to mention just playing an ugly floor game in general (no cutting, rotating away from the ball on offense, token fights for post position only to fade to the baseline, sloppy uncreative passing)

Send him to the same shrink they plan on sending Wentz to.
Either way, if he doesnt show a pulse on offense this team is not close to contending.
He's frustrating...

Hey Ben...don't you think you should grow your game to truly be classified a superstar ..???

Ben: Nah, I'm good.....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So, not exactly the start we would have hoped for. Sixers not actually playing badly though and you have to expect at some point the Knicks will remember that they suck.

Reactions: JXC

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Erase that half from my memory quick, fast and in a hurry!
giphy.gif

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Wins like this feel like a loss.
Something seismic is going to have to click in the next few months or we'll get embarrassed again in the spring.

Why is Tobi taking so few 3's? Just 2 tonight settling for some tough midrange J's.
He has a great midrange game but on this team he needs to transfer some of those to behind the arc for maximum effect.

Saw 4 Ben/Jo Pick and Rolls in the 1st half and then Brown decided to abandon them.
The first 3 resulted in made baskets, two of which were and 1's. The 4th was a TO.
Gotta get some more of that 2 man game in there going forward.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
They should have destroyed that team. I caught some the game while I was out ....what I saw looked not so good. I agree...they seem off and out of sync. They keep playing like this by game 40...Brown should be canned. I am serious now.....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I actually don't think the Sixers were all that bad last night. Remember, they were without Horford, JRich, and O'Quinn. The Knicks played very well the first half, the Sixers weren't bad but the shots weren't falling. And then they were patient and worked their way back in the 2nd half. Turnovers weren't as bad as they have been in some other games... on the road and short handed, this game doesn't bother me that much. Tonight will be tougher, it would be nice to have Richardson back but hamstrings are tricky.

Reactions: JXC and Carter Hart

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I actually don't think the Sixers were all that bad last night. Remember, they were without Horford, JRich, and O'Quinn. The Knicks played very well the first half, the Sixers weren't bad but the shots weren't falling. And then they were patient and worked their way back in the 2nd half. Turnovers weren't as bad as they have been in some other games... on the road and short handed, this game doesn't bother me that much. Tonight will be tougher, it would be nice to have Richardson back but hamstrings are tricky.
Thanks...not having those 3 didn't help. I am still in a wait and see mode though.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Something seismic is going to have to click in the next few months or we'll get embarrassed again in the spring.

They simply must go out and get a three point shooter who can rack up easy points early in games.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Tobi has to take more 3's. Simmons has to stop being afraid on offense.
Both those things are more important than just plugging in a league replacement shooter.
Maybe Elton surprises me and is able to snag Bogdan from the Kings, that would be awesome (but unlikely)
...he aint league replacement though.
The offense is struggling because your best shooter isnt taking the high percentage shots and your primary ballhandler plays like both the rim and the ball itself are covered with infectious diseases.
Lets try to fix that first.

Yall gotta let go of the Shamet regrets though.
Great pick and he'll be a good player but he's shooting league avg from 3 grabbing 9 PPG in almost 30(!!) mins right now.
Kork has been better than him this season in my watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad