OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The biggest thing I want to see out of Bolden is looking like he's picking up on these defensive rotations.

I still like him more as a 5 than a 4.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Tough win last night which is expected. While we have "allstar" players on the other starting spots, Embiid really is the pillar for the 76ers.

That being said, Bobi did a fantastic job. He is not a starter & abit slow, but he played 27 minutes which is one of his highest totals ever and did a solid job when he was in. The other team had a difficult time getting to the basic when he was in. Bolden was rusty but he did look horrible last night. Happens when you don't play alot. Bench also sucks horribly. They did nothing all night. They really need to figure that out. While Kork hasnt been amazing recently, I think he brings a few things offensively. That being said, they really don't have a 6 that makes me feel comfortable when they go in. I guess their best 6 is TJ at this point. I am not his biggest fan, but he can be a PITA when he is in there.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Boban has to be matched up, against Whitehead who has no outside shot, he's perfect.
Against any center who can shoot, might as well take him off the court.

Bolden is a work in progress.
Scott just had an off night.
Ennis and Simmons are trash. I'd be looking for a buyout body and waive them.
Unfortunately, Smith may not be ready this year and Milton is out for a while.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Tough win last night which is expected. While we have "allstar" players on the other starting spots, Embiid really is the pillar for the 76ers.

That being said, Bobi did a fantastic job. He is not a starter & abit slow, but he played 27 minutes which is one of his highest totals ever and did a solid job when he was in. The other team had a difficult time getting to the basic when he was in. Bolden was rusty but he did look horrible last night. Happens when you don't play alot. Bench also sucks horribly. They did nothing all night. They really need to figure that out. While Kork hasnt been amazing recently, I think he brings a few things offensively. That being said, they really don't have a 6 that makes me feel comfortable when they go in. I guess their best 6 is TJ at this point. I am not his biggest fan, but he can be a PITA when he is in there.

This is not a good sign.

Reactions: sa cyred

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

I can't see the Sixers going too far in the playoffs unfortunately the way that bench stands right now and especially if Embiid plays hurt. If he is injured forget it....as you say he is the pillar particularly on D. We are pretty bad statistically when he is out. To make up for some of these shortfalls you have to have really good coaching. While I like BB and he did a great job motivating and teaching players during the tank.....he really has to show a lot more come playoff time to retain his job. It will suck but the starting rotation is what Brand is going full throttle with and I'm sure he will do his best to keep them intact for next season while rounding out the bench. Right now teams like Boston, Milwaukee and Toronto have a lot more depth to go further than us....so I'm not sure why Brand will be disappointed if they don't at least get to the ECF....I mean they might b/c of their starters but I'm not so sold that they will. If they don't and especially if they get out coached.....Brown is gone. They may need to change their system and incorporate Butler more especially if they want to try and keep him. Harris fits in just fine and should stick.....

Reactions: sa cyred

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Scott, Ennis, Simmons and sometimes Boban are all useless. Brand need to hit the buyout market and just didn't.

Scott's just on a cold shooting streak. It happens.

Very worried they expect contributions from Simmons, though. They think he can stay in front of lead guards...

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
We need a new coach in here, team is so bad on offense and defense no matter who plays. His system stinks, he talks a good game but can’t coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad