OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Scoring is not entertaining. Nba ratings have been terrible all year. What is entertaining is competitiveness which is out the window in today's nba.

How so? The Warriors are the best team, but after them the West is extremely competitive. The 13th place team in the West (Dallas) is only 16 games back, 6 games out of a playoff spot. That’s pretty darn competitive.

From what I’ve read the biggest drop in TV ratings is in the early games of double-headers which people are attributing to LeBron going West and the Cavs now sucking.

Franchise valuations continue to rise- the Sixers are worth over than 300 pct more than they were 5 years ago, and the Knicks, the KNICKS are the 2nd most valuable sports franchise in the US (tied with the Yankees behind the Cowboys.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Any talk of the NBA being in trouble is fake news.
Basketball has never been more popular and lucrative.

I dont like the modern 3 point contest myself but I attribute it to a historic dearth of big men from 08-2018
That is beginning to change and the rules will change to reflect that.

I would predict a renaissance in long 2's from high end bigs like Nurkic killed us with in the last game.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Bolden is definitely an improvement over Holmes. More dynamic defensively w a better O game for modern play.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It's not too often you see the home crowd boo one of their own players when they're at the line :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad