OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
i know one thing, i can do without, is watching embid trying to play like he's a point guard. most of his turnovers come when he tries to handle the ball like one.

It’s something that he absolutely has to correct. What makes it especially bad is that he seems to do it late in games when the score is close. It’s great that he wants to be the guy with the game on the line but he has to realize that he’s not Steph Curry and he has to stop trying to do too much.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Zhaire is going to shock a lot of folks.
Dude will get everything possible there is to get out of his talent which is considerable.
Added bonus? He is only 19. Will be 20 start of next year. Has time to really work on his game.

So, imperfect situation, based on what Mikal Bridges has shown so far this year, and the potential (or 11 G League games) that Zhaire Smith is showing, in a straight up trade, do you still swap one player for the other? For this season, but more so the future seasons.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So, imperfect situation, based on what Mikal Bridges has shown so far this year, and the potential (or 11 G League games) that Zhaire Smith is showing, in a straight up trade, do you still swap one player for the other? For this season, but more so the future seasons.
No because I think Zhaire is a star and Bridges is a role player.
The trade is already a win for us as the MIA pick became the center of the Tobias trade.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
No because I think Zhaire is a star and Bridges is a role player.
The trade is already a win for us as the MIA pick became the center of the Tobias trade.
So that would be a yes. I might've been unclear, it should read- do you make the trade again, disregarding the MIA pick as part of the deal.

Or essentially, if you were redoing the draft, and the MIA pick was not available, do you just draft Zhaire, or do you still draft Mikal?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So that would be a yes. I might've been unclear, it should read- do you make the trade again, disregarding the MIA pick as part of the deal.

Or essentially, if you were redoing the draft, and the MIA pick was not available, do you just draft Zhaire, or do you still draft Mikal?

There's no point from roughly December 2017 forward at which Bridges was a better choice.

He's been basically a borderline starter in an Age 22 Rookie year when the reason he was a lottery pick was readiness. That should not change anyone's mind.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
as some point the coach has to get the blame for this, i mean if it's not the coaches fault then you have to rebuild the team again and from what im seeing for the last five years, it's the same problems no matter how many new players come in here, if the sixers dont make it out of the first round, brown has to get fired otherwise we are waste players talents for nothing.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013

Yeah for clarification I would not trade Zhaire straight up for Bridges. Maybe Miles Bridges.
I dont care if we're in win now mode in the NBA you never trade star potential for low ceiling depth.
That's how you end up like the Lakers.
I wish we still had Fultz considering the return we got.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
They can't defend the PnR….

Vucevic also always kills this team....what a dumb trade.

Meh.

Sucks that we gave up Vucevic and he became what he did, but I still make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

The Sixers were stuck in purgatory. And that trade was always getting you out of it one way or another another. Either Bynum became someone you build your team around or he continued to be the injury prone, lazy slob he was (or he doesn't but walks in FA the following summer) and you go the other way and into the tank that got us to where were are today.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am more mad at Doug Colonoscopy Collins ….used to nail Vuc to the bench a la Hakstok in favor of vets....

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Saw the lance stephenson “crossover”. Dude stepped on his foot. This wasn’t even good. It’s pathetic he reacted the way he did too because he damn well knows what he did. There’s nothing special about the play at all.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Saw the lance stephenson “crossover”. Dude stepped on his foot. This wasn’t even good. It’s pathetic he reacted the way he did too because he damn well knows what he did. There’s nothing special about the play at all.
clown gonna clown

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

The Lakers need to be able to feel good about something.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Sit TJ down. His time is over. There's no minutes for him with Shake and Zhaire both healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad