OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
What a shocker, a bad team plays above their heads against the Sixers. Oh, and in crunch time the sixers turn it over and on their last possession actually get a shot clock violation.

Laughable.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We deserved that loss. Dumb play for a 3 when tied.
Driving the basket worked all game. They couldn’t stop it. So instead you try a 3. Smart stuff

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The game was there for the taking, despite playing like crap. Two brutal turnovers by Embiid and then Jimmy wastes the shot clock. Brutal.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are down by 34 against Dallas.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Butler is a good closer but they need to work on expanding our options closing the game. Put JoJo near the paint then let him find the open man seems like it would lead to higher % shots. We have multiple players who can hit a shot...Butler, Redick, Tobi. No fancy dribbling from Embiid just back them down and if they double find the open man.

Strictly going through Butler in crunch time won’t get us far in the playoffs. Too predictable. I’d rather see them work on it now and have some failures than go into the playoffs and be predictable in the final minute.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
zOWspvR.png

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Zhaire hit a 3. If you think I give a flying about anything else that happened tonight, you're nuts.

They're in a defensive rut. Won't last forever...well at least not when Boban's on the bench.
Meh. The defensive issues are a lot more than Boban’s 9-10 mins a game. The cycle horribly.

They also don’t have a backup C who is better. Bolden gets destroyed by bigger bigs. Amir doesn’t do anything well and when they go small with Scott they post him up and destroy him.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Of course, but they're too talented to be THIS bad for too long. That's all I'm saying. The rest of it (minus Boban) is fixable.
Sorry just edited it but part two of my post is the concern of the backup C position. I honestly don’t know if they have anyone for that. Bolden maybe but he gets destroyed by big bigs.

Also not defending Boban here. He is just too slow. I do think if he plays certain teams though with bigs that can’t stretch he would be better

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sorry just edited it but part two of my post is the concern of the backup C position. I honestly don’t know if they have anyone for that. Bolden maybe but he gets destroyed by big bigs.

Also not defending Boban here. He is just too slow. I do think if he plays certain teams though with bigs that can’t stretch he would be better

Completely agreed on the backup big. That was my biggest complaint about their deadline.

They have to go small and use Simmons. You cannot play Boban against many teams and Bolden has many of the same problems Richaun Holmes did with the added problem of not being as advanced in his strengths yet. I'm not blaming Bolden for being completely lost on rotations as a rookie because NBA defenses are complicated, but he is. There's no sugar coating that.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Meh. We arent competing with the best unless our defense has a renaissance in the next 3 weeks.
Potential is there but not likely.

Zhaire is going to shock a lot of folks.
Dude will get everything possible there is to get out of his talent which is considerable.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Meh. We arent competing with the best unless our defense has a renaissance in the next 3 weeks.
Potential is there but not likely.

Zhaire is going to shock a lot of folks.
Dude will get everything possible there is to get out of his talent which is considerable.
Added bonus? He is only 19. Will be 20 start of next year. Has time to really work on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad