OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
This whole thing is getting out of hand.
no matter what one's politics are, this is a disgusting mess
if you pay the NBA enough money, they'll apparently apologize for...supporting democracy?
this is nuts & kinda a new low for professional sports leagues in some ways
if there's enough money on the table, they'll oppose democracy & basic human rights?
holy smokes that's an UGLY look.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
no matter what one's politics are, this is a disgusting mess
if you pay the NBA enough money, they'll apparently apologize for...supporting democracy?
this is nuts & kinda a new low for professional sports leagues in some ways
if there's enough money on the table, they'll oppose democracy & basic human rights?
holy smokes that's an UGLY look.
It's so, so shocking

Just $ H O C K I N G

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough. You weren't the only one that didn't see it.

All I hear about is how the NBA is so progressive and they do this and that so much better than everyone else. They've made progress in some areas, for sure. Ultimately they're a business and they're going to follow the money like everyone else.

It's a hell of a lot easier to do the right thing when it's Donald Sterling freeing up an LA market marquee team in waiting than, say, Mark Cuban. I did not pick that name at random.

Didn’t they move their all-star game from Charlotte to New Orleans because of social issues taking place in the former?

Even back then China was the devil’s advocate argument that they’re not really putting any collateral on the line from their end.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Watching Zion vs NBA comp for the 1st time.
@JojoTheWhale This Pels team aint making the playoffs. Not in the West.

I’ve admittedly never been an Ingram fan, but he’s got to go.

Didn’t they move their all-star game from Charlotte to New Orleans because of social issues taking place in the former?

Even back then China was the devil’s advocate argument that they’re not really putting any collateral on the line from their end.

They did. It was the LGBTQ Bathroom Bill.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Because the NBA is bowing down to the Chinese government.

Morey had to issue an apology.

Harden has come out in support of China.

It’s literally straight out of the South Park episode this week.
In similar news, Blizzards just did this in response to a pro player saying “Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age” in a post game interview. Also fired the two casters who interviewed him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol, South Park was banned in China after last weeks episode (honestly surprised that it took that long) and here was Matt and Trey's response...

Matt and Trey are the best. This is why South Park is so great, they do whatever they think is funny, no matter who it pisses off. It's rare for people to actually have balls these days and that's why they're so successful and people love the show so much.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The only way this can end is with Morey "stepping down," right?
here is where I'm confused:
-Twitter is blocked in China, has been for years now
-so why the fuss over a single benign tweet?

This is just how China operates, just a bunch of blustery BS here to assert power.
The NBA should cancel these games and get the teams and ESPN out of there right now, call a bluff, will ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad