OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Thybulle doing this kind of effective roaming against the starters is pretty damn encouraging.

6'2.75" at the Combine, so not unexpected.

Shayok surprised me in a bad way -- listed at 6'7", came in at 6'4.25".
Had no clue he was measured at 6’2.75”

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Blue + White Scrimmage is up and streaming on Sixers Facebook page.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Interview with Richardson. Excited to have him on the Sixers but what kind of heathen puts mayo on a cheesesteak? And what sane person puts ketchup AND mayo on anything?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...fensive-approach-cheesesteaks-and-philly-fans
Well, Philly is "foodie" town now so there's all kinds of twists on the classic.

Observations from the scrimmage:
-Simmons missed 2 J's. FT's still look terrible. No 3's.
-Horford looked fine guarding the 4 but looked pretty lost on offense
-JRich looked good slashing and finding open ppl but it seemed like he barely played
-Thybulle looked EXCELLENT. Really stifling defender who blankets the whole court.
-Shake Milton also was very productive in his minutes. Ditto Korkmaz.
-Mike Scott and Ennis both looked pretty bad I still have a lot of doubts about our bench as a whole
-OQuinn also looked very good. Versatile. Hit a 3 and dished some nice dimes.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not liking his left hand placement on that at all. Don't get your expectations high folks...
quote-i-m-the-master-of-low-expectations-george-w-bush-64-47-99.jpg

Reactions: Schwarbomb

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well the league is showing that they're just a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to that kind of stuff and are just bowing down to the money.

Apparently I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough. You weren't the only one that didn't see it.

All I hear about is how the NBA is so progressive and they do this and that so much better than everyone else. They've made progress in some areas, for sure. Ultimately they're a business and they're going to follow the money like everyone else.

It's a hell of a lot easier to do the right thing when it's Donald Sterling freeing up an LA market marquee team in waiting than, say, Mark Cuban. I did not pick that name at random.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh wait I thought he was supporting the Chinese government. Why is this such a big deal then?

You cannot criticize Chinese interests in China. This is non-negotiable. China is now an important market for the NBA and the Rockets were still the most popular team in the country because of Yao Ming. The NBA likes money more than anything else, like every league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad