Teemu Pulkkinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
He looked pretty comfortable to me.

I thought he was looking much more comfortable and less of a perimeter player as his call up progressed.

I agree with others though that he isn't a 4th liner on a Babcock team and needs to play with more skilled line mates. Getting sent down won't kill him at this point.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Pukes was sent down because no one wanted to trade for him. Hopefully Holland gets rid of him during the draft and gets a decent RD in return.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Pukes was sent down because no one wanted to trade for him. Hopefully Holland gets rid of him during the draft and gets a decent RD in return.

Agreed. Pulu looks like a 2nd/3rd line tweener at best to me. It's best to trade him while his value is high. Nonetheless, he is small, slow (don't try and say otherwise) winger. There is no room for him here with already smallish forwards in Nyquist and Tatar, and other young talent such as Jurco, Mantha, etc.

I understand why people like Pulu. He has very good offensive instincts, and a great shot. I just believe his size and lack of speed will hold him back a great deal at this level.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Do people not understand how Detroit develops prospects. Holland wasn't attempting to deal Pulkkinen just for the sake of dealing him. He has been progressing well during his call up. How many prospects get brought up and light the world on fire. Both Nyquist and Tatar had their struggles but look what a little patience does. Heck there were many calling for Datsyuks head years back when he wasn't performing in the playoffs.

All I'm saying is let these guys learn to play in the NHL before we call them washed up. Just glad management isn't as knee jerk as some fans are around here.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Agreed. Pulu looks like a 2nd/3rd line tweener at best to me. It's best to trade him while his value is high. Nonetheless, he is small, slow (don't try and say otherwise) winger. There is no room for him here with already smallish forwards in Nyquist and Tatar, and other young talent such as Jurco, Mantha, etc.

I understand why people like Pulu. He has very good offensive instincts, and a great shot. I just believe his size and lack of speed will hold him back a great deal at this level.

Wow, I don't agree with any of this at all.

Compared to someone like Nyquist (for example) Pukkinen has better offensive instincts, is a better shooter, is a better passer, is stronger, and is more physical.

I really think people are underrating Pulkkinen. He didn't look slow or even close to slow in his time up with the Wings IMO.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Do people not understand how Detroit develops prospects. Holland wasn't attempting to deal Pulkkinen just for the sake of dealing him. He has been progressing well during his call up. How many prospects get brought up and light the world on fire. Both Nyquist and Tatar had their struggles but look what a little patience does. Heck there were many calling for Datsyuks head years back when he wasn't performing in the playoffs.

All I'm saying is let these guys learn to play in the NHL before we call them washed up. Just glad management isn't as knee jerk as some fans are around here.

Amen. Considering that, I'm glad that I landed up with the Wings and not elsewhere. Patience isn't always easy, but their drafting and development history speaks for itself.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
think he looked great with the big club and I'm someone who for the longest time didn't think he'd have an NHL career. I see him as a righty Tatar with a bigger shot and fewer defensive lapses. he skates pretty well and is very effective on the forecheck especially for his size. I hope he's up and playing in the playoffs. I'm surprised he didnt take jurcos spot.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Wow, I don't agree with any of this at all.

Compared to someone like Nyquist (for example) Pukkinen has better offensive instincts, is a better shooter, is a better passer, is stronger, and is more physical.

I really think people are underrating Pulkkinen. He didn't look slow or even close to slow in his time up with the Wings IMO.

I agree. He looked to be adjusting just fine. This guy is the most prolific AHL player we've had in a very long time (maybe ever). And there's a reason for that - he's good.

The guy that said "Holland couldn't find anyone who wanted to trade for him." Is insane. I'm certain he was on every teams list, right after Mantha and Larkin.

Start marinating that crow bud. You're dead wrong about this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrasher1993

Mar 3, 2015
Pulkinnen is going to be a great scorer in this league. I would be crazy upset if they traded him. The wings haven't had a player like this since Brett Hull. He shoots from everywhere and the kid wants the puck. I love watching him tap his stick. He loves to score and it would not shock me if he puts up 40 goals in a season in the future.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Tatar
Nyquist
Abby
Helm (lately)
Weiss (lately)
Pulks
Mantha
Jurco
AA

All current or potential top 6/9 wingers the next few years. And I'm sure I'm missing a few. There's only 6 spots. Someone eventually needs to be flipped for assets. Not saying its pull. But eventually. There will b a log jam as soon as next year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Pulkinnen is going to be a great scorer in this league. I would be crazy upset if they traded him. The wings haven't had a player like this since Brett Hull. He shoots from everywhere and the kid wants the puck. I love watching him tap his stick. He loves to score and it would not shock me if he puts up 40 goals in a season in the future.

very good passer too

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Any source on this? Because it doesn't seem right... The only trades made that Holland would have been in on were mostly centered around B tier prospects and high draft picks.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
How is Pulks slow? At all? At worst he's an average skater. More often he's one of the faster guys out there.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hat trick in his first game in GR. Retakes lead for goals and for points in the AHL.

Never lost the lead for goals, pushed it to eight, it was actually at seven if I remember right when he was called up.:laugh:

They destroyed the conference leading Baby Oilers tonight.

If Pulks stays down for a couple more weeks, you have to think League MVP is doable even while missing a decent chunk of games.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Without space and time,im afraid pulu is useless,completely useless,
but give him enough of both, he'll score 9 out 10.

its not about his skating or what not,HE NEEDS SPACE FOR HIS SHOT.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Pulks this year makes Jurco expendable.... since Mantha is a RW too. And with Cole replacing Franzen... if Franzen comes back Jurco will have to go, period.

pookiewookie

Jan 20, 2015
^No.

He's getting The spaces he needs. We saw that in Nashville-game. Created a shot for himself infront of The net. What he need is minutes. Try to be efficient scorer with 8-so-minutes on ice.

I'm getting sick of my fellow Finnish hockey fans who are extremely flamboyant, bitter and too hard for their own. Always looking for flaws with little to no support. It's okay to be objective but come on.

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
This organization has so much depth.

Next Year???

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Weiss - Helm - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Andersson

Kronwall - Zidlicky
DeKeyser - Marchenko
Ericsson - Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

(Maybe Jensen can steal Ericsson's Job :naughty:)

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Pulks this year makes Jurco expendable.... since Mantha is a RW too. And with Cole replacing Franzen... if Franzen comes back Jurco will have to go, period.

Foolish and hasty conclusion. Send Cole packing at the end of the season, Jurco is a HUGE driver of possession and only 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad