Teemu Pulkkinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Still struggling how you could possibly see Pulkkinen as the upgrade to a guy that has been a solid Top 6 forward for well over a calender year at the NHL level.
Still struggling to find where I suggested this. All I said was that in a 20 game sample I can see Pulkkinen scoring more than 6 goals. Even went as far to say Pulkkinen wouldn't amass more points than Nyquist. Don't put words in my mouth.
Also fail to see him getting manhandled at all. Eyes of the beholder I guess. Nobody is really scoring at even strength on this team for over a month, he has plenty of company in that regard.
Tatar is. You're not seeing Nyquist get manhandled because you choose not to. People that play puck with me certainly see it. Shocker they also think if he gained weight he could be a monster. He's going to struggle against big teams. Bottom line. That isn't saying he sucks or however you want to misconstrue that. It's simply saying if he wants to be in the elite category he has to gain weight. Simple enough.
I would really like to see the Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist line on this road trip though. I would like to see him reunite the center line. If his idea is to play Pulks with Zetterberg our easiest playmaker to read go with.

Helm - Datsyuk - Weiss
Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Pulkkinen
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Jurco/Andy (I go with Jurco)
The TSN.ca line is what will get them deep into the playoffs

Last edited:

monisten

Mar 14, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Is putting Pulkkinen on the first line with Abby and Z to consider as a way to increase his value as a trade bate? A prospect with outstanding production in the AHL and some goals in NHL might be just what Holland needs to make that RHD deal happen? Or is this rather a serious attempt from Holland/Babcock to play Pulkkinen into a permanent roster spot?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Is putting Pulkkinen on the first line with Abby and Z to consider as a way to increase his value as a trade bate? A prospect with outstanding production in the AHL and some goals in NHL might be just what Holland needs to make that RHD deal happen? Or is this rather a serious attempt from Holland/Babcock to play Pulkkinen into a permanent roster spot?

both options are possible.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

I doubt he's going to be trade bait, he's got a lot of potential, but he won't net much return with as little time as there is until the deadline.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Jurco got his chance on the top line, now Pulkkinen will got. Maybe this is just a surprice turnaround how nowadays Red Wings handle prospects. Usually in later years, they have had veterans like Bertuzzi or holmström there. Now we at least try kids, but don't believe they will long-term solutions for this season. For the future, hopefully.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
He's good, folks.

2le1c8w.jpg

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
His SOG compared to his ice time is crazy

You can tell by watching him he's getting more and more comfortable playing at the NHL level. He was dominating at certain points in the game against a desperate San Jose club that typically has Detroit's number. Very intrigued about how he'll do over the coming years.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

They're not trading Pulkkinen for a rental, that much has been made clear. He'd have to be part of a larger package for a long-term trade option on defense for me to even consider moving him at this point. I think he fits nicely on the second powerplay unit.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I'll be honest...I would trade Mantha before I do Pulkkinen. I think Pukkinen's offensive instincts are off the charts....great shot and looks like he also a damn good passer along with being a hard worker. Safe to say I would be upset if we traded Teemu and i've never been as high on Mantha as many here have been.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Jurco got his chance on the top line, now Pulkkinen will got. Maybe this is just a surprice turnaround how nowadays Red Wings handle prospects. Usually in later years, they have had veterans like Bertuzzi or holmström there. Now we at least try kids, but don't believe they will long-term solutions for this season. For the future, hopefully.

There aren't any veterans left :laugh:

Franzen is down, Z is down for a while. All the potential replacements are kids. Hahahaha. And they're good. I love it.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
Does he have a leg injury at the moment, or is skating at the NHL level really challenging for him?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Pulks has officially been sent down. Not just paperwork to make him eligible for AHL playoffs. He would have been healthy scratched for Wed.

Aug 6, 2012
Don't like it, he was starting to look real good but numbers are numbers. I wonder if Jurco gets sent down when Helm and Z are healthy? Now that we have Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad