TV: Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Curios where they are going with Nate this season. Him being kind of a jerk, tightly wound with regards to the team.

is it just he feels pressure this season since he is part of the coaching staff, did he read a book by A hard ass coach he is trying to replicate, or something in his personal life that is bleeding into his work?

Also every Roy scene this season has been A+

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I just got 6 months free of Apple TV+, and I really didn't expect much from it. But, I have to say Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest have both been great. As someone whose favorite player for years was Roy Keane, I absolutely love Roy Kent the character, especially now as a Sky commentator. It's totally not what I expected. I went in expecting Ted to be some gung-ho over the top aggressive football coach (which probably would wear thin), and how my expectations became subverted is awesome with a very mild-mannered, ultra friendly, folksy, motivational guy.

Reactions: Jussi

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I just got 6 months free of Apple TV+, and I really didn't expect much from it. But, I have to say Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest have both been great. As someone whose favorite player for years was Roy Keane, I absolutely love Roy Kent the character, especially now as a Sky commentator. It's totally not what I expected. I went in expecting Ted to be some gung-ho over the top aggressive football coach (which probably would wear thin), and how my expectations became subverted is awesome with a very mild-mannered, ultra friendly, folksy, motivational guy.

Defending Jacob is also a good limited series. Greyhound is also worth a watch too if you like WWII movies.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Defending Jacob is also a good limited series. Greyhound is also worth a watch too if you like WWII movies.
Apple TV is surprisingly good.

For All Mankind is another good show. Everything is in Dolby Vision so it looks beautiful. I've been quite happy with the service. Even The Morning Show is not bad.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Try "see"
Ted Lasso is a fun show.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't believe it took me this long to realize roy Kent was based somewhat on Roy Keane.

I guess the Chelsea part of Roy Kent was not making it compute in my head.

He's easily my favourite character now the way he talks bluntly to his neice, and of course his sky segments so far.

I also get a kick out of English dialogue for no reason. "are you having a wank"?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Curios where they are going with Nate this season. Him being kind of a jerk, tightly wound with regards to the team.

is it just he feels pressure this season since he is part of the coaching staff, did he read a book by A hard ass coach he is trying to replicate, or something in his personal life that is bleeding into his work?

Also every Roy scene this season has been A+

They haven't really focused on nate too much this season so far. I just thought it was a continuation of season 1, where he remains prickly specifically towards the new equipment guy who took his job.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Great start to this season. Roy is incredible, and he and Keeley are such a great couple. Also nice to see Sam getting a bigger role and Jamie turning things around (for now anyway).

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Great show that really came along at the right time. Premium TV of late has leaned so heavily into the dark or the sardonic or the anti-hero, that what Ted Lasso did was incredibly refreshing without feeling like an after school special. Just what was needed during the pandemic.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm halfway through Season 1. Honestly, I haven't found it very funny or enjoyable so far, but it's so inoffensive and wholesome that I can't hate it, either. I'll at least finish the season because it's nice to see such a positive show, as others have said.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I found it kind of odd that they released a Christmas episode in August.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I kept seeing this was a happy a feel good show so just assumed it was going to be like a PG-13 or even PG kind of show.

Just binged it over the last week to catch up and man was I missing out. Yeah it can get a bit chummy at times but tons of laughs and Roy Kent is one of my favorite characters from any show in a long time.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad