Ted Black- "This will be final year of current 3rd jersey" per WGR

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
I agree with wearing white at home with the visiting team in their colors as well - for all the reasons you cite. I hope someday that the NHL revisits this decision.

You are spot on as well with this being THE best Sabres jersey. Totally classy and classic. I dislike the modern takes on jerseys with piping and accents and underarm treatments . I wish the Sabres blue did not look black on TV.
I'm not sure why the NHL went with dark at home.. Maybe to copy the NFL?

It should be hockey's thing to have the home whites and the away darks; and I'm right with you on the trendy piping and odd underarm treatments.

Classic and simple has always been the best. For every sport.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It should be hockey's thing to have the home whites and the away darks; and I'm right with you on the trendy piping and odd underarm treatments.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=3291646

That's the most glaring example of why the NHL should go back to having visiting teams wear their "dark" uniforms at every stop. This is another instance when the post-expansion era had it right: White at home, dark on the road was the system from the early 1970s to 2003, and the league should go back to it.

The revenue-driven reason for switching back to white on the road -- allowing home teams to wear (and, more important, sell) "third" jerseys, while not forcing teams to take two sets of uniforms on extended road trips -- has led to an abomination. The third-jersey phenomenon is mostly in limbo during the transition to the new streamlined Reebok look, but it will be back in full force.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton

I agree would like to see white be home again. I really just want the blue to be tweaked and i would be happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad