Ted Black- "This will be final year of current 3rd jersey" per WGR

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
One Buffalo third jersey? Bills blue and red with a Bills logo on there somewhere? Concept sounds cool but also terrifying how bad it could be...

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I always hated that 3rd jersey. I really hope they go back to the 40th anniversary jersey for the 3rd. It's my favorite out of all of them.

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
Flyers fan here, I'm happy the Sabres are getting rid of that jersey. It didn't speak 'Buffalo Sabres' to me at all. Too much yellow. And the grey just looked gross.

I really miss the black, silver, and red Sabres jerseys with the Buffalo head on the front. They should bring that back as a 3rd.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Flyers fan here, I'm happy the Sabres are getting rid of that jersey. It didn't speak 'Buffalo Sabres' to me at all. Too much yellow. And the grey just looked gross.

I really miss the black, silver, and red Sabres jerseys with the Buffalo head on the front. They should bring that back as a 3rd.

That 3rd is was one of the worst jerseys in recent memory. It was downright embarrassing.

I think there's a good chance you may get your wish for our next 3rd. As someone mentioned in another thread recently, 2016-2017 will be the 20th anniversary of the Goathead jersey's debut. We won't have a 3rd next season, so 2016-2017 will be the first with a new 3rd should we get one. It makes sense. That jersey is very nostalgic with the current generation of fans due to how many started watching the team during that period. I was never that big on it because our originals were already perfect (too bad we ruined them when we brought them back) but I appreciate it more and more in time. It's the perfect basis for a 3rd jersey. I'd like to see the same logo and colors used but considerably tweaking to the style.

ZeroPT*

I think the team will have a bit of a jersey overhaul in the next few years. Maybe we go back to the GOAT full time? Or maybe we do the right thing and drop the ugly dark blue and pit stains, go back to the Isles/Oilers blue with the gold.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I think the team will have a bit of a jersey overhaul in the next few years. Maybe we go back to the GOAT full time? Or maybe we do the right thing and drop the ugly dark blue and pit stains, go back to the Isles/Oilers blue with the gold.
By GOAT you mean Greatest Of All Time right? They're not ushering in the new era by going back to the Goathead full time.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Going back to the goat full time would be terrible. If they do anything it should be to tweak the jerseys closer to the originals.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
if they do another 3rd... just make a good, classic looking hockey jersey, with a new logo/style.

don't **** it up for the umpteenth time

we love our original logo, it should be our main jersey for infinity. but a 3rd that we can be proud of would be nice.

for the record, no goathead, no slug, no pepsi bottle, and certainly no two tone monstrosity.... just a ****ing hockey jersey.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Going back to the goat full time would be terrible. If they do anything it should be to tweak the jerseys closer to the originals.

Agree. They should go back to the original colors and logo. Its a minor adjustment, but I cant stand that white outline around the logo elements.

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY
I really like the 40th anniversary jerseys but doubt they'll be back because they were for a specific period of time. I'd be happy to see them bring the goat jerseys back as an alternate in 16-17 but dont think they have the cojones to do it. I bet its a while before we see another alternate jersey in Buffalo after this gold debacle :(

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'll never forgive the goathead for destroying one of the best uniforms in sports.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
if they do another 3rd... just make a good, classic looking hockey jersey, with a new logo/style.

don't **** it up for the umpteenth time

we love our original logo, it should be our main jersey for infinity. but a 3rd that we can be proud of would be nice.

for the record, no goathead, no slug, no pepsi bottle, and certainly no two tone monstrosity.... just a ****ing hockey jersey.

So the scarlet butter knives is a go? ;)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I wanted a gold third for the longest time. Biggest disappointment of this one is that we'll never have a gold jersey again

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I liked the 40th anniversary jersey's.

And considering we're coming up on the 20th anniversary of the 99 Cup finals, my guess is our next 3rd jersey will be throwback goatheads.

ZeroPT*

Preference is just tweekmg the blue. It was like when the Isles had that dark ass blue jersey. We're royal blur. Let's go back to that please

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Would the same colors with the 90s logo work? Any samples of this out yet?

0511-rosstaylor-sabres.png

not a fan...

i want something completely different. a 3rd jersey that's different color scheme. different logo. but a classic hockey look, not some newey **** like we've been handed the last few times around

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Why not do a modernized version of the old red white and silver 3rd? Same logo on front mixed with a dark navy blue, gold, white. Simple and nice.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
0511-rosstaylor-sabres.png

not a fan...

i want something completely different. a 3rd jersey that's different color scheme. different logo. but a classic hockey look, not some newey **** like we've been handed the last few times around

That logo is downright silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad