League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I actually thought Sammie had a good game overall. Excellent decision making and hustle by the Bruins in OT was demise of the Leafs. Leaf fans are entering the core is getting older and questioning phase!

Unfortunately, they won the game. Carolina needs to wake up.
Sammy will have to take a big pay cut if he wants to continue playing in the NHL with another team!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
And with shitty penalty calls for hits (DeAngelo) that aren't penalties.

Messier should be in the Rags changing room sniffing player's jocks. The guy is a total f***wit.

Sadly I think of him this way after he left the Oilers :(. I remember the Caps forum years ago on Prodigy hoping the Caps would get him back then and then NY was able to pull a trade. That one prospect the Oilers received ended up being a dud (Steven Rice). I also hated that Beukeboom went to the NYR. It crushed me they got Tikkanen a year later too :(. We always joked the 94 team was basically Edmonton Oilers of the East mixed with Blackhawk vets lol.

Reactions: PlushMinus

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
So will Mantha!

So happy to see Vegas out!
Me too. They were gifted a competitive franchise basically a red carpet rolled out for them. The league seems to like to support teams in new arenas 😉 and cities though. All except the lowly 1974 Capitals.

LOL at Toronto getting their ringer on D Joel "Mr. Game 7 Himself" Edmundson and it not working out for them. Instead of a gaffe from an 850K lunkhead Dman it was Reilly burned on the SWG. Can't blame Sammy on that one.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Interesting, if somewhat obvious stats about the importance of special teams.

Whoever the Capitals bring into their top 6 they need to be a fit on PP1. It's far too important in both the regular season and playoffs to overlook a player's fit on the power play.

It also affirms MacLellan's comments about how they need to take a look at special teams going forward. In particular I wonder how Ovechkin fits in going forward. I know they want him to get his goals but like many here I think he could be better suited in the bumper position rather than his office. Far less risk with him near the net and with Oshie possibly going on LTIR that opens the bumper position up.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I said the playoffs are all about special teams now. Its nice to see it so easily proven in the twabby tweet. Load up on PKers.

I truly miss the days when the refs would bury the whistle and take away a questionable call deciding a series. At least in 3rd periods, game 7s OTs, whatever. In the hundreds? of playoff games I watched back in that era, I can truly not recall a non penalty call blowing my mind and thinking IT cost us a series. I remember misconducts handed out instead of minors a few times.

The players didn't push their luck and regardless it was the same for both sides.

OK I am still a little bitter that the Easter nightmare was maybe offsides.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Man super surprised special teams really made this much of a difference in the first round here. Even the Caps cup run didn't feel like that.

Reactions: Calicaps

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

Interesting, if somewhat obvious stats about the importance of special teams.

Whoever the Capitals bring into their top 6 they need to be a fit on PP1. It's far too important in both the regular season and playoffs to overlook a player's fit on the power play.

It also affirms MacLellan's comments about how they need to take a look at special teams going forward. In particular I wonder how Ovechkin fits in going forward. I know they want him to get his goals but like many here I think he could be better suited in the bumper position rather than his office. Far less risk with him near the net and with Oshie possibly going on LTIR that opens the bumper position up.

Edmonton being 100% on the PK is pretty sick. I think this is the year they do it. Their only weakness is in net and it's not a big enough problem that they can't outscore it.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
If I'm the Leafs, you fire Keefe and hire Berube. Also, as I said before you let Sammy walk. Maybe try to trade Marner for Juuse Saros(not a one for one)!
Marner would be a great fit for Nashville, they’ve always lacked that skilled play driver

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $245.00