Ted Black- "This will be final year of current 3rd jersey" per WGR

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
How about blue white and red with a logo similar to the bills logo? Consistent with the "one buffalo" theme. Basically turn the current bills jersey (which is a classic look) into an old school hockey jersey.

That actually could be pretty cool. I think the old school Bills logo (below) mixed up with the Sabres' crest, or even just with the swords added, could look sweet.

14-14054.jpg

You could probably get away with throwing a touch of silver or black in that design concept as a nod to the goathead jerseys if you wanted to.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
That actually could be pretty cool. I think the old school Bills logo (below) mixed up with the Sabres' crest, or even just with the swords added, could look sweet.

14-14054.jpg

You could probably get away with throwing a touch of silver or black in that design concept as a nod to the goathead jerseys if you wanted to.

Like this, maybe?

hlw7D6f.png

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I'm with those who hope the Red and Black will never be seen again.

This has NOTHING to do with with 70s romanticism. It has everything to do with what was then about a 25 year history in the team colors of blue and gold.

Under the blue and gold we started off horribly, rose to playoff stature quickly, frustrated the fans with underachievement, suffered through years of frustration and mediocrity, coaching changes, ended up picking first overall one year, and had years of greatness and excellence interspersed. All in Blue and Gold. It was a roller coaster and not all rainbows, unicorns and jujus.

I just don't believe that a team should change its colors - for any reason. To me, it was like changing the colors of the American flag. That it was the Adelphia colors made it even worse. The disgrace of the Rigas family and the near loss of the franchise - including a period of time that we were owned or controlled by the league were an embarrassment. The fact that the logo was confused with a goat head made it even worse.

Never again, I hope

For me, it's Blue and Gold Forever

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
FWIW, as a third, I loved the 40th anniversary look. I also looked forward to the prospect of a gold colored third with blue and white accents.

The turdburger was so far off the mark though. The gold was more yellow, the introduction of gray was horrible and the fact that the front was yellow and the back was blue was just plain stupid>

Ugly and horrible.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I hope hope hope they don't bring back ....

The black n red garbage
The goathead garbage
The butter knives garbage
The slug garbage
And two tone like the current thirds garbage

Keep it simple, clean, classic

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Isn't there a rule that every color in an alternate has to be present in the regular set of sweaters? So the throwbacks with back wouldn't work I don't think...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I don't think so... At least maybe it isn't too stringent. I know LA uses the purple and yellow. That and the Ducks used the throwbacks. The lightning have those funky black ones now too.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Put all those thoughts for another 3rd on hold for at least 5 years....

Black admitted the team did a poor job running the design past focus groups and also said, "we didn't anticipate the amount of 'third-jersey fatigue' " in the market in the wake of the team's 40th anniversary throwbacks.

Black said the Sabres will not have a third jersey next season and, in fact, may shelve the concept of an alternate sweater entirely until 2020, when the franchise will be celebrating its 50th anniversary.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/12/sabres-shelving-reviled-alternate-jersey/

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad