Ted Black- "This will be final year of current 3rd jersey" per WGR

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
White_and_Gold.png

went full monochrome with the gold, thoughts?

It looks washed out, and like it's just begging for jokes about it actually being blue and black.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I love the idea of breing goathead back as a third. Much of this is because that's the jersey they wore when I fell in love with them.

As for switching back to old colors... No thanks. I like the current navy blue better.

And as long as I'm making enemies, I just want to add that I always liked the slug jersey. Not the slug itself, but the design of the jersey. It was a nice jersey, just a terrible logo. Could that design be re-used, perhaps with the current color theme and logo?

And finally, about the turdburger. Glad to get rid of it. It's perfect since this franchise enters the building stage of the rebuild next year. It's time to stop being ugly! Looking back, we will remember turdburger as the tank jersey.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I love the idea of breing goathead back as a third. Much of this is because that's the jersey they wore when I fell in love with them.

As for switching back to old colors... No thanks. I like the current navy blue better.

And as long as I'm making enemies, I just want to add that I always liked the slug jersey. Not the slug itself, but the design of the jersey. It was a nice jersey, just a terrible logo. Could that design be re-used, perhaps with the current color theme and logo?

And finally, about the turdburger. Glad to get rid of it. It's perfect since this franchise enters the building stage of the rebuild next year. It's time to stop being ugly! Looking back, we will remember turdburger as the tank jersey.

I agree with the goat head. It brings me nostalgia, since it was their jersey during their cup run in the in the late 90s and I was just 6/7 years old getting into hockey.

I just feel like it's a long shot that this regime would ever bring it back. And that is not to say that's a bad thing. They're very much about tradition and loyalty.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I like the idea of no thirds until 2020. Give the whole thing a rest.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Agreed - ever since the Sabres started using one in 2001 (with the red-butter knives design), it seemed motivated more not to just earn more revenue but to try to distract the fans and ticket buyers from what was happening otherwise: first to add some spice to roster that was growing increasingly inept and bland; then to mitigate some of the anger/disenchantment over the new slug design when the color theme changed back to blue and gold.

If they want to tinker with jerseys, I'd prefer that they just return to the original royal blue color and eliminate those odd-looking gray armpits. The jerseys from 1979-1996 were classics that should never have been touched IMO.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011

Agreed.

I personally thought the newest 3rd was disgustingly awful. So let's hope they hire a better designer when they do it next.

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville

brace yourself...
noslugs.png

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
Goathead and slug designs can go to HE double hockey sticks

I like the different uniforms and color schemes, it gives the teams of those times their own identities. I even appreciate the yellow alternate, it'll come to represent the tank years that resulted in the drafting of our star players. As long as they're sabres I'll have some love for the uniforms.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
There is no other jersey in the history of the Buffalo Sabres that is better than this one. Just go back to this home and away. Also, NHL, please, White jerseys at home was always the best choice. When the traveling team gets to wear their dark jerseys, there is diversity and character that fans of the home team can enjoy. When every away team wears white jerseys, it's incredibly boring.
1-mogilny.jpg

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
There is no other jersey in the history of the Buffalo Sabres that is better than this one. Just go back to this home and away. Also, NHL, please, White jerseys at home was always the best choice. When the traveling team gets to wear their dark jerseys, there is diversity and character that fans of the home team can enjoy. When every away team wears white jerseys, it's incredibly boring.
1-mogilny.jpg

Exactly. This jersey design is timeless along the likes of the Canadiens and Red Wings. I can live with the "Midnight Blue" but to me it looks black on TV, bring back the Royal Blue and Gold, those are sabre colors.

Do that and never touch the jerseys again. Ice good teams and sales will never be lacking.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
1-mogilny.jpg

I agree with wearing white at home with the visiting team in their colors as well - for all the reasons you cite. I hope someday that the NHL revisits this decision.

You are spot on as well with this being THE best Sabres jersey. Totally classy and classic. I dislike the modern takes on jerseys with piping and accents and underarm treatments . I wish the Sabres blue did not look black on TV.

Last edited:

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Exactly. This jersey design is timeless along the likes of the Canadiens and Red Wings. I can live with the "Midnight Blue" but to me it looks black on TV, bring back the Royal Blue and Gold, those are sabre colors.

Do that and never touch the jerseys again. Ice good teams and sales will never be lacking.
Totally agree. The midnight blue looks black against the white ice. When the camera pans the Sabres bench, or doesn't have the white ice as a back drop, the dark blue looks okay. But they have to go back to the original blue. The royal blue... I call it "Buffalo Blue" --- and the Bills corrected it. So, the Sabres should follow suit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad