Friedman: Teams are starting to ask around on Sean Walker

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Night and day from what he was towards the end of his Kings tenure. Playing a great simple defensive game, getting the puck up ice quickly. Dude is eating 21 minutes a night and somehow has 2 shorthanded goals this season.

Columbus would have been better off skipping on Provorov and just taking this guy.
That's what he looked like when he first arrived in LA. He was a bright spot in tanking seasons. It's great to see that he's back to form.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Isn't Provorov a LD? Jiricek can also pass through waivers.

Anyways, Provorov has been good in Columbus regardless (mostly from what I've heard, but he has looked good when I've watched). Team hasn't been great, but he is pacing for 52 points (just providing a reference for his production - I don't necessarily expect him to score 52).
Sure, and your right the depth is much more concentrated on the right side, although they Werenski on the left side as well and he is the teams number one dman. They we also clearly focused on improving the Defensive group with Severson signing as well. Just seems like a high price to pay, and it hasn’t helped anyone he team be successful at all.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
What is hilarious is that you guys dumped the guy. Very easily playing at a top 4 level.
Most King's fans knew what we had in Walker pre injury. Also King's are still set on the Right & may need to move another RD in the near future. Currently running Doughty, Roy, Spence (ELC). Walker is a good player, but King's have other options that are better or cheaper. What is funny is the King's depth.

Walker is the perfect 3rd pair RD for a playoff team. He doesn't make bonehead gambles that cost the team & can play up.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Most King's fans knew what we had in Walker pre injury. Also King's are still set on the Right & may need to move another RD in the near future. Currently running Doughty, Roy, Spence (ELC). Walker is a good player, but King's have other options that are better or cheaper. What is funny is the King's depth.

Walker is the perfect 3rd pair RD for a playoff team. He doesn't make bonehead gambles that cost the team & can play up.

If you have enough RD that you can afford giving him up for no assets, good for you. But I was responding to the dude ridiculing the fact that Walker may garner interest around the league. Copium (in his case).

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
If you have enough RD that you can afford giving him up for no assets, good for you. But I was responding to the dude ridiculing the fact that Walker may garner interest around the league. Copium (in his case).
Rebounded from injuries. King's needed the cap space so they moved him. Why wouldn't teams be looking at a decent RD? Walker is an upgrade on RD for more than one team in a playoff position.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks should trade for him. Get rid of Beauvillier and trade a pick and prospect for Sean Walker. It would be a perfect fit

Hughes-Hronek
Cole- Walker
Soucy-Myers

That would look solid imo

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Sean Walker is the only RHD on the Flyers playing his natural side (RD) that’s any good.

Sean has filled in the 2nd pairing quite nicely with Philly but I’m in the camp that the Flyers should move Walker at the deadline for a pick, as I’d expect philly to drop out of the playoffs race by then.

If the Flyers keep Walker there’s a good possibility he walks via free agency, no pun intended.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sean Walker is the only RHD on the Flyers playing his natural side (RD) that’s any good.

Sean has filled in the 2nd pairing quite nicely with Philly but I’m in the camp that the Flyers should move Walker at the deadline for a pick, as I’d expect philly to drop out of the playoffs race by then.

If the Flyers keep Walker there’s a good possibility he walks via free agency, no pun intended.
That would be nice, I expect Canucks to trade for either Walker or Tanev.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Campbell, Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, 1st 2024 and 2nd 2025 for Hart and Walker?
Nice names in there but cannot see campbell-Petersen on same team.

Any interest in Frost, Laughton, Wade Allison?
Looking at Macleod, Bouchard.
6 Flyers: Hart, Walker, Frost, Laughton, Allison (AHL) and Petersen
6 Oilers: 4 previous + Macleod and Bouchard.

money evens out.

a little extreme…

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Walker had a bad season on the Kings when he was recovering from injury (like, real bad), and the Kings had other options, but he was playing well again by the end. I'm glad he's back to form for the Flyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just another case of people not listening to Kings fans about their guys and then they go elsewhere and people go OH MY GOD HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GUY?

Happy for Sean and for Philly fans but it's like clockwork at this point

Not surprised teams would ask about him, he's a versatile all situations veteran RHD on a good deal that can eat big minutes if necessary (had a great stint next to Doughty on the left).

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
He was better last year on his off-side. This year he is playing on the left.
Site i use has him at rd with Sanheim at ld. With Provorov out i thought ld 1 was a lock but i know Tortorella has rws playing on the left out of necessity.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Walker was one of the plus's that was needed to be included in the "please take Petersen's contract" trade, LA did NOT dump him.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Walker was one of the plus's that was needed to be included in the "please take Petersen's contract" trade, LA did NOT dump him.
He wasnt needed anymore in LA. One’s trash is somebody else‘s gold or something like that?

Poster tends to look only at parts of the equation. Trade isnt done (Petersen stays and no Dubois) if LA only offers their guys and picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad