Friedman: Teams are starting to ask around on Sean Walker

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Sean Walker is not a top 4 defensemen. Stop being delusional.

He just plays on the Philadelphia Flyers so mediocre looks great.
He used to be a top-four calibre player.

Yeah, he was bad last season coming off injury. And was a natural candidate for LA to move to clear cap space. But he's had a really excellent start to the season for Philly. He certainly could help a playoff team right now, and Philly should look to monetize that.

It's okay to update your priors when new information arises.

Ronk

Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Sell high!

Glad dude is playing well. Liked him in LA but injuries/cap space/competition pushed him out. His wheels out of the back were always fun to watch when he had a chance to utilize them.

Reactions: JRichard

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He used to be a top-four calibre player.

Yeah, he was bad last season coming off injury. And was a natural candidate for LA to move to clear cap space. But he's had a really excellent start to the season for Philly. He certainly could help a playoff team right now, and Philly should look to monetize that.

It's okay to update your priors when new information arises.
That's not the case either unless you're talking about the rebuild era LA Kings where we had guys like Joakim Ryan, and Ben Hutton getting big minutes.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Walker was underappreciated in LA. He's a solid #4-#5 guy, and I thought he was generally pretty solid in his own end. Didnt show much offensive instinct but so what, dont need that from every D. Most LAK fans who wanted him gone (myself included) didnt want to trade him because he sucked, but because we had a logjam and he was taking the spot of Spence (or Clarke). Glad to see he's thriving in Philly.
The kings board use to say he sucked all the time. I also find it odd that you said he didn't show much offensive instinct when that was obviously his best skill. A case of numbers not telling the story

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What would Philly want in return? Kulikov and Gostisbehere fetched a 3rd rounder each at last season's deadline. Would that be enough to move him?

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What would Philly want in return? Kulikov and Gostisbehere fetched a 3rd rounder each at last season's deadline. Would that be enough to move him?
Getting him this early in the season, rather than at the deadline, should increase the price. I also wouldn't be surprised to find that the plan is to extend him and move someone else, so the price probably goes up from that perspective, as well, unless they have a sense that he won't want to stick around. I think the Flyers would probably be looking for a 2, if they were to move him.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Obviously with Torts behind the bench Philly doesn’t consider true deep rebuild. Healthy Sean Walker in Tortorela system is a good option as a 2nd pair RD. So they should keep him…and try to find 1st pair RD.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Obviously with Torts behind the bench Philly doesn’t consider true deep rebuild. Healthy Sean Walker in Tortorela system is a good option as a 2nd pair RD. So they should keep him…and try to find 1st pair RD.
There seems to be so many types of rebuild, now true deep.

What does it mean anyway?

is there a better form of rebuilding? Who is rebuilding in the proper way these last years?
Buffalo trying to avoid a 13th straight dnq with 10 straight top 10 picks before « improving » with the 13th last draft?
Arizona? Chicago with 8 lousy years after the Cup?

Trade the few players with value like Konecny, Farabee because of window stuff?
Hire a young coach because they can handle losing better?

play a maximum of 5 veterans but what is a veteran anyway.

Are we still saying Briere should have traded Sanheim? Should we trade him now since his value improved?

So many questions.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
That’s specifically what a dump is
Surprised you dont see the difference between Petersen and Walker. Or Grans i suppose cause he was a player included as well.

Petersen 2yrs 5 mil per vs Walker 1 yr 2.6
G not needed vs short of rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Surprised you dont see the difference between Petersen and Walker. Or Grans i suppose cause he was a player included as well.

Petersen 2yrs 5 mil per vs Walker 1 yr 2.6
G not needed vs short of rd
I’m aware of who everyone is. They were both cap dumps.

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I hope the Yotes go after him. They have the room to extend him. They are ready to start trying to compete but their defense is horrible and RD is a huge weakness in their organization. They have an abundance of picks. I would like them to do it now if they could. If we can send Dumba with a pick, I would consider it a dream scenario.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Walker was a great player relative to his draft slot before all his injuries in LA. Glad to see him doing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad