Team USA right now

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wait people think Goaltending would be the problem? Do you realize the best goalie in the league is American

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You put Tkachuk,Gaudreau,Guentzel,Lee,Kessel,
Boeser,Connor,Tkachuk,Greenway,Donato..... over Alex DeBrincat...
- did you forgot that Alex is a American any chance????

Your top 9 is more like this:

DeBrincat-Matthews-Kane
Connor-Eichel-Wheeler
Gaudreau-Larkin-Guentzel

Id want a Tkachuk on a line with both Matthews and Eichel. Drag them into the fight whether they want to be in it or not.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think a lot of people would disagree that Gibson is the best in the league. Gibson is good. The goaltending issue is the depth. Canada and Russia have much better depth.
Gibson was on one of the worst high danger chance allowing teams in all of hockey - he was alone out there most nights and the only reason why they were anywhere near .500.

He might not be the best, but he definitely is top 3...add the Vezina finalist in Bishop and Hellebuyck in Winnipeg, and we are more than fine there..

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gibson was on one of the worst high danger chance allowing teams in all of hockey - he was alone out there most nights and the only reason why they were anywhere near .500.

He might not be the best, but he definitely is top 3...add the Vezina finalist in Bishop and Hellebuyck in Winnipeg, and we are more than fine there..

I agree that he's top 3. The two Russian goalies with the hard names to spell and Gibson are the top three, in my opinion. Form decides whose the best. I don't think any of the three yet have a clear edge on the other two.

I'm no big fan of Hellbuyck. I think he's incredibly shaky. Bishop is probably our second best goalie right now, and if Quick is healthy, I'm taking him for the third spot. Hopefully a few of Demko, Oettinger, Knight develop in the next few years because I'd like to have a better alternative to Gibson. Gibson is not any part of the issue. We only have one elite option. A few of the other countries have 2-3 very good options.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I agree that he's top 3. The two Russian goalies with the hard names to spell and Gibson are the top three, in my opinion. Form decides whose the best. I don't think any of the three yet have a clear edge on the other two.

I'm no big fan of Hellbuyck. I think he's incredibly shaky. Bishop is probably our second best goalie right now, and if Quick is healthy, I'm taking him for the third spot. Hopefully a few of Demko, Oettinger, Knight develop in the next few years because I'd like to have a better alternative to Gibson. Gibson is not any part of the issue. We only have one elite option. A few of the other countries have 2-3 very good options.
Quick had a horrific year but who didn't in LA?? lol...

I think the US depth in net is just as good as it has been over the years - Gibson, Quick, Helle, Bishop, Howard, Schneider...vets in Miller, Kinkaid, Anderson, etc..

kids in Gillies, Demko, Delia, Sparks, Oettinger, Primeau, Knight, etc...

we might not be as deep overall as 6-8 years ago, but the young guys are coming, just right in the transition now..I agree, I don't think we are the best or possibly top 3 anymore, but you can only play one at a time, and I would gladly go to battle with Gibson in net with this possible team in front of him.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad