Team USA Line up/Roster Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
My bad. Thanks for pointing that out.
Either way, your point remains valid. Schremp is giving the USA braintrust absolutely no reason to ignore him this year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Either way, your point remains valid. Schremp is giving the USA braintrust absolutely no reason to ignore him this year.

I'm praying he's named. The offensive talent on display would be Hen-sick.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm praying he's named. The offensive talent on display would be Hen-sick.
In two seperate games at the eval. camp, Schremp was paired with Earl, and then with Hensick... that's when his game really started to pick up. Put him with a speedy winger who can open up space for him and can bury the puck, and he'll be dynamic. I'd love to see a line of Earl-Hensick-Schremp.

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
hkyfan_333 said:
Im gonna predict that Wheeler DOES get selected. A previous post said he was "raw" but I think many will see adding him to the team as a building process. If they dont, oh well, but I think he deserves a chance to show his stuff. He's a great player when his game is on.

I agree......Interesting that being "Raw" means he was the second leading scorer in the evaluation camp. He currently has 8 goals & 8 assists= 16 points for the Green Bay Gamblers USHL.........I can't wait to see this kid when he is no longer "Raw".

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Joe d said:
I agree......Interesting that being "Raw" means he was the second leading scorer in the evaluation camp. He currently has 8 goals & 8 assists= 16 points for the Green Bay Gamblers USHL.........I can't wait to see this kid when he is no longer "Raw".
He's thin as a rail and looked lost at times in camp. He made some hits, but since he's so thin, he bounced right off the other guy (they went down too, but Wheeler's balance isn't there yet). The skills were evident, as he did manage to put up points, but he didn't look like he quite fit in yet, on the mental side of things. He did a little too much running around, more than he needed to.

The score sheet certainly doesn't tell the whole story in his case. Besides, he's not dominating the USHL as much as I'd like so far. So if it were up to me, I'd go with a more proven guy this year that plays a well-balanced game, and let Wheeler develop another year.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
This was posted over on the Wild board: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/10273136.htm?1c

It's possible Thelen won't be named to the team, which could mean Johnson is even more of a probability. It could also mean a guy that's under the radar could get more serious consideration, perhaps someone from the CHL.

even with thelen off to a rough start, i'd still be very surprised if he doesn't make it...

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Rabid Ranger said:
Are you referring to Dan or Tom? Dan played for the Sarnia Sting in the OHL, and actually will return to them now that his injury is healed. He is definately WJC material, and has already been named to the team. Tom is his younger brother, and has a long history with USA Hockey, and is one of top playmakers in the NCAA. I can see him making the squad as well.

Oh yeah. I meant Tom.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
NYR469 said:
even with thelen off to a rough start, i'd still be very surprised if he doesn't make it...
Thelen is the biggest bust as a first rounder since Ryan Sittler of Michigan. He is slow afoot and can't see the ice. Against the Euro's and Canadiens he would get eaten alive. If he makes it it would be purely political. That doesn't surprise us Canadiens (remember Brady Murray could not make team Canada so he went to the US, probably helped that his Dad is an NHL coach). If Johnson and Nickerson don't make it it will be a travesty. Canada will win big anyway!!!!!!

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
Hab Fan said:
Thelen is the biggest bust as a first rounder since Ryan Sittler of Michigan. He is slow afoot and can't see the ice. Against the Euro's and Canadiens he would get eaten alive. If he makes it it would be purely political. That doesn't surprise us Canadiens (remember Brady Murray could not make team Canada so he went to the US, probably helped that his Dad is an NHL coach). If Johnson and Nickerson don't make it it will be a travesty. Canada will win big anyway!!!!!!

How can you say that Thelen is a first round bust? The draft was less than 6 months ago........Give the kid a chance to develop his game...

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Joe d said:
How can you say that Thelen is a first round bust? The draft was less than 6 months ago........Give the kid a chance to develop his game...

Hobart Hig... I mean db23... wait... hab fan is a big u of michigan fan so I'm not surprised to see he's down on Thelen (and Suter?).

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
watched some of the minnesota/michigan state game tonight...didn't see anything from thelen at all, was pretty dissapointed. nothing at all on offense, maybe a few good plays on defense but some lapses as well. then again, michigan's whole team kinda sucked...

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Levitate said:
watched some of the minnesota/michigan state game tonight...didn't see anything from thelen at all, was pretty dissapointed. nothing at all on offense, maybe a few good plays on defense but some lapses as well. then again, michigan's whole team kinda sucked...
While Johnson got another goal tonight against DIII team Bowdoin, and Kessel got a pair of goals again as well.

Those two are certainly making their case. They will most likely be the only '87s on the roster.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Levitate said:

Michigan was AWFUL out there. BU is getting destroyed as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Levitate said:

I watched that game as well, and Thelen didn't stand out, but didn't look awful either, just very average, kind of like the Spartan team as a whole. They were certainly outclassed by Minnesota, that's for sure. One D-man that appeared in the game that might have a chance to make the U.S. WJC team is Nate Hagemo. He looked great.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's my current squad:

Goaltenders:

A.Montoya
M.Brown

Defense

R.Suter
J.Likens
M.Hunwick
J.Johnson
M.Lashoff
N.Hagemo
A.Thelen

Forwards:

D.Stafford
P.O'Sullivan
T.Hensick
R.Callahan
J.Hennessey
R.Schremp
D.Fritsche
J.Dowell
A.Pineault
R.Earl
P.Kessel
M.Brown
C.Bourque
J.Lavallee

I'm not sure on lines and pairings yet.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
nice looking team ! i'm really starting to like a lot of the american born prospects that the states have been pumping out..

go earl !!! :yo:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's my current squad:

Goaltenders:

A.Montoya
M.Brown

Defense

R.Suter
J.Likens
M.Hunwick
J.Johnson
M.Lashoff
N.Hagemo
A.Thelen

Forwards:

D.Stafford
P.O'Sullivan
T.Hensick
R.Callahan
J.Hennessey
R.Schremp
D.Fritsche
J.Dowell
A.Pineault
R.Earl
P.Kessel
M.Brown
C.Bourque
J.Lavallee

Long as u have Earl I'm happy ;)

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Rabid Ranger said:
Forwards:

D.Stafford
P.O'Sullivan
T.Hensick
R.Callahan
J.Hennessey
R.Schremp
D.Fritsche
J.Dowell
A.Pineault
R.Earl
P.Kessel
M.Brown
C.Bourque
J.Lavallee

Lavallee. Hard to believe someone didn't use a late pick on him last year. Good size and skill.

Roughly how big is Kessel and can he play a defensive game at all?

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
mazmin said:
Roughly how big is Kessel and can he play a defensive game at all?
Listed at 6'0'', 185 lbs on usahockey.com. Up from the 5'10'', 165 he was listed at last year.

From what I've seen (a handful of games), he's not quite there yet defensively. He's still got plenty of time to learn though.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Postman said:
Or maybe a guy like Goligoski, who wasn't at the evaluation camp. Or Nate Hagemo, who is solid, and a longtime USA Hockey favorite.

Thelen was pretty good at the evaluation camp, but you can tell he needs to work on his defensive game. I would think that if he's struggling that much this year, they'd probably take someone else, and as you said, it could mean Johnson has an even better shot to make the team.
If they are looking for offense, speed and a solid scoring touch it would be stupid to not at least give a serious look to Goligoski as he has been playing great.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Joe d said:
He can say he is a bust because he isnt a Hab prospect. Seriously, to say ANYBODY is a bust from the CURRENT draft is seriously an ignorant statement and should be retracted.
A bust...that post is a bust.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Levitate said:
I saw the game as well and I think you and I saw a complete different AJ. Thelen was the only guy who impressed me.And it is hard to impress when your team is lethargic from the get go. Seriously the guy cant do it all on his own despite his lofty draft status. I'd take him in a heartbeat on any teaam I coached. He was solid on the PK and in his own zone.
You want offense from him? Talk to the forwards who showed nothing. He cant win the game by himself (especialy when he is an obvious bust).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad