Team USA Line up/Roster Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
flip588 said:
Do you guys know if Bobby Ryan officially won't be named? I know he hasn't got an invite to anything, but is there still a chance? If not you'll be missing out on an amazing player. I would consider him a lock for next year.

It's been mentioned before, but the U.S. rarely names draft eligible CHL players to the team. I would consider Ryan a strong possibility for next year.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
do you guys think nick foligno and chad kolarik will get a look next year, theyre both from the philadelphia area. bobby ryan lived here when he was young too.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
orangeandblack said:
do you guys think nick foligno and chad kolarik will get a look next year, theyre both from the philadelphia area. bobby ryan lived here when he was young too.

I don't know about Foligno but Kolarik is getting a strong look for this years team, although he wasn't invited to the evaluation camp in August, he has really suprised USA officals with his improved attitude. That being said, he most likely will not make this years team, unless there are a few injuries. He has however put himself in a nice spot to make next years team. Still needs to get stronger and better defensively/in his own end.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
One player who is definitely getting some serious consideration is Clarkson's Shawn Weller. Various news reports that I've read (most recently in today's Albany Times Union, I posted the link over on the Sens board) say that Weller is almost a shoe-in to make the USA roster. Apparently he had a very good showing at the evaluation camp and he's been off to a very good start at Clarkson, since he's joined the team (after that whole NCAA clearinghouse incident).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Oilers Chick said:
One player who is definitely getting some serious consideration is Clarkson's Shawn Weller. Various news reports that I've read (most recently in today's Albany Times Union, I posted the link over on the Sens board) say that Weller is almost a shoe-in to make the USA roster. Apparently he had a very good showing at the evaluation camp and he's been off to a very good start at Clarkson, since he's joined the team (after that whole NCAA clearinghouse incident).

I forgot all about Weller. The article you cited made it seem he's almost a sure bet. I know he's very skilled and feisty, but lack a concept of who he plays like. Any names you can throw out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->