Team USA Line up/Roster Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I don't know American players half as well as Canadians but I'll throw out some names I think will have a chance. I might pick some of the right players but my lines will likely be horrible.

I think 12 players were already named, I'll mark them with a (*).
LW - C - RW
Hensick* O'Sullivan* Stafford*
Earl Schremp Callahan*
Bourque Fritsche* Pineault*
Dowell* Hennessy M. Brown*

xtra: Wheeler

Thelen J. Johnson
Suter* Hunwick*
Likens* Lewis

xtra: Sparrow

Montoya*
Schneider/Holt

Thoughts?

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
This is the roster prediction I posted on the international board:

Alvaro Montoya
Cory Schneider

Matt Hunwick
Jack Johnson
Jeff Likens
Grant Lewis
Matt Nickerson
Ryan Suter
A.J. Thelen

Chris Bourque
Mike Brown
Ryan Callahan
Jake Dowell
Robbie Earl
Dan Fritsche
Tom Fritsche
Josh Hennessy
T.J. Hensick
Phil Kessel
Patrick O'Sullivan
Adam Pineault
Robbie Schremp
Drew Stafford

As for lines and D pairings, who knows. But I can say that Schremp really only clicked with Earl and Hensick at the evaluation camp. A line of those three would do a lot of damage, as they're all very creative offensively.

IMO, Wheeler has little chance of making the team this year. He's just too raw at this point. I also don't think Sparrow deserves a spot.

leafaholix*

A couple goalies.

A few defensemen.

Robbie Earl.
The rest of the forwards.

X-SHARKIE

Earls defensive game has come along way and you put a playmaker on his line like Pavelski in Wisconsin and big things can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Eaves gives him a shot.

That would be awesome if Hennessy made it ! but I have a gut fealing he'll get screwed because of were he plays. Schremp deserves to be there as well.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
ndhockey21 said:
Are these 2 related Dan Fritsche Tom Fritsche

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're related (both born in Ohio).

I never knew Dan was WJC material for this year but then again I'm not very knowledgable on NCAA on hockey players.

Could someone give us some info on Dan Fritsche? Maybe one of you guys with those weird Jack Johnson avatars?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mazmin said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're related (both born in Ohio).

I never knew Dan was WJC material for this year but then again I'm not very knowledgable on NCAA on hockey players.

Could someone give us some info on Dan Fritsche? Maybe one of you guys with those weird Jack Johnson avatars?

Are you referring to Dan or Tom? Dan played for the Sarnia Sting in the OHL, and actually will return to them now that his injury is healed. He is definately WJC material, and has already been named to the team. Tom is his younger brother, and has a long history with USA Hockey, and is one of top playmakers in the NCAA. I can see him making the squad as well.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Tom is his younger brother, and has a long history with USA Hockey, and is one of top playmakers in the NCAA. I can see him making the squad as well.
That's exactly why I think he'll make the squad. Plus he was one of the better, more energized forwards at the evaluation camp. I really don't think guys like Auffrey or Weller have done enough to make the team, and I wasn't particularly impressed by them overall. Tom is a very gritty kid though, and they could at least use him as an extra forward.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
X-SHARKIE said:
Earls defensive game has come along way and you put a playmaker on his line like Pavelski in Wisconsin and big things can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Eaves gives him a shot.

That would be awesome if Hennessy made it ! but I have a gut fealing he'll get screwed because of were he plays. Schremp deserves to be there as well.

Eaves isn't coaching the team.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
This was posted over on the Wild board: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/10273136.htm?1c

It's possible Thelen won't be named to the team, which could mean Johnson is even more of a probability. It could also mean a guy that's under the radar could get more serious consideration, perhaps someone from the CHL.
Or maybe a guy like Goligoski, who wasn't at the evaluation camp. Or Nate Hagemo, who is solid, and a longtime USA Hockey favorite.

Thelen was pretty good at the evaluation camp, but you can tell he needs to work on his defensive game. I would think that if he's struggling that much this year, they'd probably take someone else, and as you said, it could mean Johnson has an even better shot to make the team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Or maybe a guy like Goligoski, who wasn't at the evaluation camp. Or Nate Hagemo, who is solid, and a longtime USA Hockey favorite.

Thelen was pretty good at the evaluation camp, but you can tell he needs to work on his defensive game. I would think that if he's struggling that much this year, they'd probably take someone else, and as you said, it could mean Johnson has an even better shot to make the team.

Yeah, those two guys could get a shot, although if I had a say I'd give a long look to Lashoff. He's playing pretty well these days and is starting to put up some points.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Yeah, those two guys could get a shot, although if I had a say I'd give a long look to Lashoff. He's playing pretty well these days and is starting to put up some points.
Only 5 less points than Kindl in about 14 fewer games. He's solid and at least worth a look.

I wonder if Jordan Lavallee will get a look for the team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Only 5 less points than Kindl in about 14 fewer games. He's solid and at least worth a look.

I wonder if Jordan Lavallee will get a look for the team.

Woodlief was really talking him up. He and Hennessey would make a nice combo.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Schremp with four more points tonight (including the hat-trick). He's now 2nd in the league scoring. If he doesn't get named to the team something is really wrong.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
i think Hagemo is a good bet. I think Chris Bourque won't be named but Schremp will.

mike eaves and scott sandelin are nothing alike. sandelin is an in-your-face kind of coach and not exactly a thrill to play for, from what i understand from a few of the boys at eval camp.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MePutPuckInNet said:
i think Hagemo is a good bet. I think Chris Bourque won't be named but Schremp will.

mike eaves and scott sandelin are nothing alike. sandelin is an in-your-face kind of coach and not exactly a thrill to play for, from what i understand from a few of the boys at eval camp.

That's what I thought-thanks for the info.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Schremp with four more points tonight (including the hat-trick). He's now 2nd in the league scoring. If he doesn't get named to the team something is really wrong.
He's still third, since Hunter picked up a pair of assists. However, he's now first in the league in goals.

hkyfan_333

Nov 26, 2004
Im gonna predict that Wheeler DOES get selected. A previous post said he was "raw" but I think many will see adding him to the team as a building process. If they dont, oh well, but I think he deserves a chance to show his stuff. He's a great player when his game is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad