WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I remember a few years ago when their head coach had been banned from attending the semi-final against Sweden's SHL team and was not allowed to have any contact with the squad, but he sat in a VIP booth in the arena with a headset on him talking to the coaches and the players all game. The refs were horrendous as well, both in that game and in the final against Finland.

And? The ref is horrendous all the time... but this is just ridiculous accusations you coming with against Russia.
Yeah because It's only Russia who does that kind of stuff?

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
And? The ref is horrendous all the time... but this is just ridiculous accusations you coming with against Russia.
Yeah because It's only Russia who does that kind of stuff?

Are you Russian or what's the problem? I believe the game was even against Sweden. You don't think there could be any kind of corruption going on in international hockey?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Are you Russian or what's the problem? I believe the game was even against Sweden. You don't think there could be any kind of corruption going on in international hockey?

I'm Swedish born and raised in Sundsvall Sweden... You? Are you a boer? Since you have South Africa flag.

Yeah Russia corrupting IIHF isnt it weird they havent won the gold for a few years?

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Does anyone know why Forsberg and Arvidsson said no to the team? They would've made a big difference in this tournament.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
if they loses again LAT and RUSSIA, but seem unlikely but you never know.

As long as we take either Latvia or Russia to OT we're qualified, even if we lose both games. Hopefully there's a focused effort tonight so the Russia game can become more of a formality about bragging rights. I don't really care who we meet in the QF.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
We played real bad against Latvia except for 8 minutes in the second and like 4 in the third but managed to get the W somehow. Would like to see changes.

But I bet Grönborg won't change anything for tomorrow and still have Bratt as 13th forward.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He put him with hornqvist who cant finish what so ever.
Don't disagree with pretty much anything else you say. I expected more from Pettersson, but the step from there to saying that he's been crap is miles wide. But this comment is a bit weird. Hornqvist has 6 goals in the tournament. He's been very efficient at finishing off plays.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
We played real bad against Latvia except for 8 minutes in the second and like 4 in the third but managed to get the W somehow. Would like to see changes.

But I bet Grönborg won't change anything for tomorrow and still have Bratt as 13th forward.
Bratt for eriksson plz

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Don't disagree with pretty much anything else you say. I expected more from Pettersson, but the step from there to saying that he's been crap is miles wide. But this comment is a bit weird. Hornqvist has 6 goals in the tournament. He's been very efficient at finishing off plays.
3 of them were literally wide open tap ins.

Horny should have 10 goals with the amount of chances he has had.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Kempe was the best swedish player by a good margin, Elias Pettersson looked really good in the second period. Marcus Pettersson was the best defenseman today IMO. Larsson, Eriksson and Lundqvist were inexcusably bad. Lander was pretty good did not loose focus on the task ahead. Ekholm REALLY needs to do better so does Landeskog. While Lindholm still should be better than this, its still a step in the right direction. Wennberg was too invisible for the role he’s been given. Nylander was OK so was Hörnqvist, Krüger and Rasmussen. Lindblom looked scared. OEL is kinda hard to gauge he was dragged down by his d partner so was Klingberg but not as badly as OEL.

Reactions: VictorLustig

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
3 of them were literally wide open tap ins.

Horny should have 10 goals with the amount of chances he has had.

That's what Hörnqvist has always scored like though, he's all about the garbage goals. They might look easy but he creates a lot of those situations himself by just crashing the net again and again and again.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Kempe was the best swedish player by a good margin, Elias Pettersson looked really good in the second period. Marcus Pettersson was the best defenseman today IMO. Larsson, Eriksson and Lundqvist were inexcusably bad. Lander was pretty good did not loose focus on the task ahead. Ekholm REALLY needs to do better so does Landeskog. While Lindholm still should be better than this, its still a step in the right direction. Wennberg was too invisible for the role he’s been given. Nylander was OK so was Hörnqvist, Krüger and Rasmussen. Lindblom looked scared. OEL is kinda hard to gauge he was dragged down by his d partner so was Klingberg but not as badly as OEL.

Uh...don't agree at all.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Uh...don't agree at all.
What? I thought he made a bunch of bad decisions topped of by the attempted clearance on the game tying goal where he failed to recognize the time and space he actually had. But yeah my judgement of him might be a little to influenced by that action.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
we are not winning the qf with lundqvist in net. sadly grönborg is too much of a coward to bench him.
Lundqvist is the 12th best goalie in the tournament. Thats bad if you want to win gold.

I hope markstrom shuts out russia tomorrow.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
iu

Well, at least we know Markström won't play in the QF, that they had a quite poor group stage, have no expectations to win gold, Bratt should get a bigger role and that now every game matters. Sweden will try to tell Finland THEY'RE the underdogs, lol. I like it.

And yes, Eriksson should've been scratched two games ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad