WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
After 2nd period Bratt had least TOI by a good margin lol(not including Lindblom).

Edit: JFC he had the third least in the 3rd peiod(Lindblom & Bengan obviously with less).

Great coaching by Grönborg!

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
After 2nd period Bratt had least TOI by a good margin lol(not including Lindblom).

Edit: JFC he had the third least in the 3rd peiod(Lindblom & Bengan obviously with less).

Splendid gotta give Loui more time to find his game! Okay, I’m tired of ripping on Loui but its getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Very frustrating when you can clearly see that someone is feeling it and is doing something every time they hit the ice, and they are not rewarded for it at all by the coach. Especially when it's a player like Bratt.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
I honestly think we're losing the quarters. This team is all glass cannon. No matter how much superior that defence of ours is looking on paper, the defensive aspect of Swedens game is looking absolutely diabolical. Hasn't just been the case in this specific game either. Finland doesn't seem like a great fit at all. They will play it tight and defensive and capatalize on our mistakes.

The team had a lot of potential, which they have shown at times. But it's just not working altogether. It will be a major fiasco if they lose a quarter with a roster like this.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I believe we will get Russia or USA (whoever wins that game).
No after the QF:s they speed the teams from 1-4 depending on how well they did in the preliminary round. So the highest remaining seed will meet the lowest remaining seed, so say Canada, Russia, Czechia and Sweden make it to the semi-finals
1. Russia
2. Canada
3. Czechia
4. Sweden
But if Russia gets eliminated by the U.S but the other outcomes are the same it would be:
1. Canada
2. Czechia
3. Sweden
4. USA
In this scenario Sweden would play Czechia for the GMG.

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
No after the QF:s they speed the teams from 1-4 depending on how well they did in the preliminary round. So the highest remaining seed will meet the lowest remaining seed, so say Canada, Russia, Czechia and Sweden make it to the semi-finals
1. Russia
2. Canada
3. Czechia
4. Sweden

Gotcha. So winning today wouldn't have been that bad after all. Let's hope US beats Rus and Swiss beats Can then.

Either way, I think we'll beat Russia next time around. They'll be more motivated and the Russians usually don't hold up well under pressure.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Gotcha. So winning today wouldn't have been that bad after all. Let's hope US beats Rus and Swiss beats Can then.

Either way, I think we'll beat Russia next time around. They'll be more motivated and the Russians usually don't hold up well under pressure.
No not really, but I mean, on the path to a gold medal, sooner or later you’re gonna face tough competition.

Well.. they probably wont have a second period that bad this tournament.. or ever. That’s as far as I’ll go.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Well at least we can say William Nylander is a godly player. Pettersson has also stepped up.
Nylander who instead of delivering a hard as **** hit on a Russian defenseman with the puck in their zone during the first period, decided to not even touch him. When it gets heated Nylander is nowhere to be found. and Petersson showed that he was no match for the big bad Ruskies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nylander who instead of delivering a hard as **** hit on a Russian defenseman with the puck in their zone during the first period, decided to not even touch him. When it gets heated Nylander is nowhere to be found. and Petersson showed that he was no match for the big bad Ruskies.
Willy had two points and three more scoring chances, two slot pass intercepts and a hard board battle that created another scoring chance. Did you really somehow arrive at the conclusion that Willy was nowhere to be found despite all this because he didn't rub someone out?

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Willy had two points and three more scoring chances, two slot pass intercepts and a hard board battle that created another scoring chance. Did you really somehow arrive at the conclusion that Willy was nowhere to be found despite all this because he didn't rub someone out?
During what time in the game did he do all that? It surely wasn't in the second period when Sweden lost the game. If he would've stepped up at that point, maybe Sweden would've not been embarrassed.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The work ethics of this team as a whole has been kinda pathetic so far. I'm afraid they won't be able to push a button and fix that, they should've learned the basics many games ago. This team right now needs big saves at the right moments, which it hasn't gotten in the games against Czechia and Russia. Against Finland(and Switzerland, Latvia) something solid enough might do, but it won't be enough for a final.

What's good? Well, the team has kinda scored at will occasionally, most shots and most goals in the tournament and up there in shooting %. PP decent but room for improvement, and PK best in the tournament. Nylander has been great, even defensively. It's incredible how we have lots of forwards around an even rating(some minuses too) and he's +15.

I want to see us ride the top lines hard in the playoffs, and limit Gustafsson's D-zone time. Same goes for EP's line, only deploy them offensively. Lindblom bumped up to a line, Loui as extra forward(he's only decent on special teams, especially PK). This team needs to be coached better 5v5 starting tomorrow. Play a sound defensive game and trust you have the better players that will make a difference.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
The work ethics of this team as a whole has been kinda pathetic so far. I'm afraid they won't be able to push a button and fix that, they should've learned the basics many games ago. This team right now needs big saves at the right moments, which it hasn't gotten in the games against Czechia and Russia. Against Finland(and Switzerland, Latvia) something solid enough might do, but it won't be enough for a final.

What's good? Well, the team has kinda scored at will occasionally, most shots and most goals in the tournament and up there in shooting %. PP decent but room for improvement, and PK best in the tournament. Nylander has been great, even defensively. It's incredible how we have lots of forwards around an even rating(some minuses too) and he's +15.

I want to see us ride the top lines hard in the playoffs, and limit Gustafsson's D-zone time. Same goes for EP's line, only deploy them offensively. Lindblom bumped up to a line, Loui as extra forward(he's only decent on special teams, especially PK). This team needs to be coached better 5v5 starting tomorrow. Play a sound defensive game and trust you have the better players that will make a difference.
Replace bratt with Lindholm on second line.

Replace eriksson with lindblom

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
When was the last time a Swedish national team conceded 6 goals in one period?

Or was it 5?

We actually won 2/3 periods, but lost the game 7-4. That second period was really weird, almost too weird.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So nice we have a tard in the coaching booth. So nice his predecessor behind him will continue to look like an idiot. Play your worst players. Look like shit, only care about prestige, not performance. Such a joke.

I feel so sorry for Vancouver being stuck with Loui Eriksson and I'm especially sorry so many Swedes had to watch him play so much this tournament. As for Grönborg, he can exit through the emergency exit, without any interview and we won't have to speak to him again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->